Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trend Airshield Pro Replacement Headband

Trend Airshield Pro Replacement Headband

I saw this review from January 2105 on Amazon, which offers replacement headbands for $45.49 and free shipping (today). I called the number and a man asked for my name and address and said he'd send one to replace mine, which broke about a month ago.

"ASTHE OTHER REVIEWS STATE THIS HEAD BAND IS TOO CHEAP AND FLIMSY TOSUPPORT THE WEIGHT OF THE SHIELD.I WENT TO USE IT THE OTHER DAY ANDFOUND IT WOULD NOT TIGHTEN UP LOOKED INSIDE AND SAW THE PLASTIC BANDHAD BROKE.THE SHIELD ITSELF IS A 5 STAR WITH A 1 STAR HEAD BAND,THISNEEDS FIXING TREND.BASED ON THAT UNLESS YOU WANT TO SPEND 40 BUCKSEVERY FEW TIMES YOU USE IT I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND AT THIS TIME.FIX THEPROBLEM TREND.
    update
    afterwriting this i also wrote to the distributor for trend air shields.igot a response back within hours telling me to call trend directly at877-918-7363.he said they knew of the problem are are willing toreplace the band at no charge.and supposedly this problem has beencorrected."
    "Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig." Robert Heinlein

"[H]e had at home a lathe, and amused himself by turning napkin rings, with which he filled up his house, with the jealousy of an artist and the egotism of a bourgeois."
    Gustave Flaubert, Madame Bovary

They replaced mine for free a few years back.

Thanks for the phone number. Just ordered my upgraded headband.

Mike

This is the most disappointing product I've bought in a long time. The headband broke twice and the battery holds for a very brief time.

I agree, but I don't have a problem with the battery life since the head band breaks long before the battery goes dead!

6. I have had my Trend Airshield Pro for about 4 years now, and put it through fairly heavy usage. I have it on whenever I turn or sand. I have the original headband that came in my unit. I purchased mine from the Woodcraft Store in Roanoke, Va. I did put a piece of blue painters tape on my headband when it was new, and that has kept my unit from any failures.

I think the issue some had with the battery is that they left their unit plugged in way too long. When that is done, it fries the battery pack and will only accept a small charge instead of lasting 8-10 hrs like it is supposed to. This issue has been discussed several times in the past on this forum, and the remedy is to get a smart charger and use it to charge the battery. Once full, the charger goes into trickle mode and keeps it from creating a memory, and will not overcharge the battery pack. It is the red Tenergy unit that is the one I got. I do have a battery cradle for charging while I am wearing the unit. My battery pack that I almost ruined with leaving the thing charging way too long, is now lasting about 6 hours before beeping begins, since using the smart charger. It has rehabilitated the battery pack to about 80% of original.

Here is a thread about this....... http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...attery-Charger
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

I have had two headbands break and have received two free replacements. While waiting for the second replacement, I did a temporary repair using super glue and duct tape. (I assume, at this point, everyone knows where this is headed.) The temporary repair has held for about three years. In case it eventually breaks, I have a brand new headband sitting on a shelf, waiting.
    Regards,
    Dick

I didn't mean to slam the product. I'm still using mine with the original battery after what seems like about 4 years. I did purchase a smart charger a few months ago and it seems to help. I am very pleased that Trend is replacing the headgear free of charge and no questions asked long after any warranty expired.
    "Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig." Robert Heinlein

"[H]e had at home a lathe, and amused himself by turning napkin rings, with which he filled up his house, with the jealousy of an artist and the egotism of a bourgeois."
    Gustave Flaubert, Madame Bovary

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Herzberg View Post
    I saw this review from January 2105 on Amazon, which offers replacement headbands for $45.49 and free shipping (today).
    $45?? Wow, feels like a scam...

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Herzberg View Post
    afterwriting this i also wrote to the distributor for trend air shields.igot a response back within hours telling me to call trend directly at877-918-7363.he said they knew of the problem are are willing toreplace the band at no charge.and supposedly this problem has beencorrected."
    Yes, Trend sent me a new heavier duty band (black) to replace the OEM (gray) band when mine broke after a couple years of light duty use. I had the new band in 2 days after calling. Excellent customer service.
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher

I had the same experience as Brian, I called Trend and they sent a replacement which I received in 2 days, it is also black and seems to be a little heavier than the original.

I also had the gray band break after two uses, and they sent me the blackband (about a week.

12. I called Trend this morning at the toll free USA number, and asked for the newer black [more heavy duty?] headband. One is being sent out to me, at no charge. My original grey headband is still intact, as I did reinforce it in two areas with blue painters tape, but it will be nice to have the better one on hand. I use that Trend every time I turn, and I like to keep my equipment operating at optimal performance status. Kudos for Trend....the rep told me that they appreciated my business. Customer service like this makes me want to do business with them!
    Last edited by Roger Chandler; 08-04-2016 at 11:09 AM. Reason: typo
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

I've had good customer service from Trend anytime I had a problem with my Airshield Pro. I too recently got the replacement black headband in place of a broken grey one, free of charge.
    CarveWright Model C
    Stratos Lathe
    Jet 1014
    Half-a-Brain

14. I guess I may have a change of heart. My Airshield is a couple of years old. I called Trend yesterday and they are replacing the headband, no questions asked. I really hope this one is stronger than the previous ones. Just to be sure I think I will try Gorilla tape to re-enforce it.

On the battery throw away the charger and get the smart charger.4 years on the original battery. It will charge faster and last longer .I bought my smart charger the same day I ordered my air shield and have never used the factory charger .I think it was about $25 from battery junction . my band also broke I ordered it on line and the guy e=mailed me and said he refunded my money and mailed me one .