Thread: JET new line of bandsaw.

JET new line of bandsaw.

Not sure how new they are but noticed the other day JET has new offerings in 15" 18" 20" bandsaws.
    What are your thoughts on JET specifications vs other brand saws in the same price range.

http://www.jettools.com/us/en/new-pr...8-20-bandsaws/
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

I'm also curious about these bandsaws. I don't see a foot brake pedal on any of these, even though the old 20" saw had one. Unless maybe they have a motor brake. I wonder if the 15" saw replaces their 14" steel-frame bandsaw. I also wonder what the differences are between the 3hp jet 15" saw and the Powermatic 15" saw, given that the Powermatic costs $1000 more.

It'll be interesting to see how many 1.75 h.p. 18" saws they sell.

I keep wondering whether it's a man or woman in the videos. Doesn't matter either way obviously, but as my wife say I get hung up on things

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Curt Harms View Post
    It'll be interesting to see how many 1.75 h.p. 18" saws they sell.
    They seem to be at a good price point (acknowledging that PM is often overpriced) but, I would want more power rather than less in a larger saw. Perhaps there are folks who use the deeper throat saws for thin curve cuts primarily(?).
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler