Thread: Feature request: PM link in mobile view

Feature request: PM link in mobile view

It would be great if there was an easy way to PM someone in the mobile view. The way it is now, if I want to PM John Doe I need to copy his name, go to my UCP, compose a message, then paste his name. It would be great to simply click on something that would creat a new PM, like in the standard view. Thanks!

Matt,

I should tell you that I don't have any experience using mobile software for vBulletin, I use a tablet or notebook when I am traveling. Since we use commercial software we don't have any control over the features other than a few minor changes we can make, we get what we get.

There may be some improvements in this area in vBulletin 5. We have purchased the upgrade and have a test install running but our server administrator found an excessive number of problems with the upgrade. At this point we are not sure about installing version 5, it may turn out to be more trouble than its worth. There are some significant changes to the look and operation of the new software that will not be appreciated by a large group here and I haven't been able to spend the time looking at every feature. What I have seen at this point concerns me to the point that I am far from being excited about the upgrade.

There may be some great options in version 5 for mobile access, I won't know until we decide to install the upgrade and that might be several versions away. I can also share with you that we have not ruled out moving to a different forum software, we are considering all of our options.

Blog Entries
    Does V5 also let you attach photos to PM's? Right now you can only attach them if they have a URL.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

I seriously doubt you will ever see the ability to upload and attach photos to a Private Message within vBulletin.

Thanks for the reply Keith.