Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Northfield vs. Martin

Peter, The saw is looking good! Every time I turn on my sheet metal Italian saw I remember trying out the old iron saws in your shop! Maybe someday... The advertised as new Northfield saw in Denver looks interesting and close.

I agree about the auto paint. It's expensive but worth it if restoring. I used Sherwin Williams metal paint on mine and it is not very tough. Agree about the Martin gray accents also. I tried that on the T23 and did not like the look. Happy with the clear. decorative metal on the sheet metal parts though.
    image.jpgimage.jpg
    Last edited by Joe Calhoon; 08-20-2016 at 11:48 AM.

I just love these threads! Awesome pics! I wish I had more to add but I've only ever seen Northfield machines in person.
    But to that end I will say that when I was looking for a big jointer I lucked into a 16 HD Northfield and it's a most impressive chunk of iron!
    Hopefully I'll have a spot for it soon, I haven't even run it in my own shop.

Joe, that engine turning is an awesome look for sure. Also a bit time intensive as well.

If you are going to take the time to strip and restore a large tool, you should use the best paint you can. In the grand scheme, the paint won't cost that much more and the time you save doing it again will outweigh the incidental amount.