Thread: Rockwell 10" Uni-saw will not get to 0 degrees

Rockwell 10" Uni-saw will not get to 0 degrees

Had planned on making fine adjustment to my Rockwell 10 table saw after checking with a square. Opened up the book and found the place where the stops were shown. Opened up the side panel and thoroughly blew out unit, found the stop and slightly adjusted. Made some improvement but still not to vertical. After a couple more tries a decided to remove stop bolt - still won't get there. Any ideas?

I've had sawdust get impacted into a hardpack that spaced the stop out, so I had to really dig out the crap to get it to go 0 degrees. Look around all the trunnion grooves and anywhere that might have hidden dust packing it out. But then again, my saw is the delta unisaw, and yours might be quite a bit older, so might have different design.

Did the saw get closer to zero when you removed the stop? If so then you are on the right track, but I would think it would go beyond zero once you remove the stop. Gotta be something in the way.
    john.blazy_dichrolam_llc
    Delta Unisaw, Rabbit QX-80-1290 80W Laser, 5 x 12 ft laminating ovens, Powermax 22/44, Accuspray guns, Covington diamond lap and the usual assortment of cool toys / tools.

This happened to me after restoring/retrofitting my 3phase industrial saw to single phase. Had the whole saw in pieces to replace the motor, bearings, wiring etc. After I reassembled the saw, i also hit a stop before going to 0°. I didnt notice this for a couple weeks, but my joints kept sucking. I assumed it was my jointer fence until i realized all my poor joints were straight from the saw. I typically joint everything before gluing, but still you dont want to keep cutting 5° for no reason. I removed the bolt completely and that was enough to fix my problem. For you, I would see if you have washers between the table top and the cabinet. It was common for them to shim the top to the base. If you removed these shims at some point, it could affect the height of the table in relation to the trunnions, which is causing you to bottom out before hitting true 0°. Hopefully that makes sense?

Look at the hand crank mechanism for the tilting feature. It's possible the worm shaft may be slipping out. The locking collars could have loosen/slipped or the shaft flange might have loosen.