Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jointer/Planer combo calibration

Lightbulb Jointer/Planer combo calibration

hey guys this is my 1st post im hoping someone can help me resolve my problem im having with my format 4/Dual 51 jointer infeed bed. It is out by 7/1000 with a one-way gauge on the infeed side right side by the hinges. both sides lift up at the same time when changing to planer mode. ive reached out to several people inside and outside the company for documentation and no luck. please i need help fixing my machine i have a nice stack of oak and a new domino xl im dying to make.

Thanks everyone,
    Prestonaa.jpga.jpgaaa.jpgaaaa.jpg

I'd go to the Felder Owners Group at yahoo. David Best has a book and experience with the machine, among others and will help you out. Dave

Out which way? If to low i wouldn't worry about it. If you have straight knives set them to the outfeed table .
    Spiral head will complicate things.
    You really don't need an infeed table if all you want is straight and flat wood. Just enough to balance the wood to get it a few inches on the outfeed side and then keep pressure on the wood on that side till you finish.

The cutter head and out feed table are flat checking with a starrett straight edge. I will send better pictures with detailed descriptions later on.

West Central Alberta, East of the Rockies - West of the Rest
    Preston, these machines are sooo sensitive just moving them around the shop can throw them off - I know Felder offers mobility kits. If you bought it new Felder should make it right, if you bought used double check first that the machine is 100% level front to back, side to side and diagonally. Start jointing some boards, also open and close the table several times. I wouldn't be surprised if something got twisted during transport and needs to find its sweet spot again.

Quote Originally Posted by John Lankers View Post
    Preston, these machines are sooo sensitive just moving them around the shop can throw them off - I know Felder offers mobility kits. If you bought it new Felder should make it right, if you bought used double check first that the machine is 100% level front to back, side to side and diagonally. Start jointing some boards, also open and close the table several times. I wouldn't be surprised if something got twisted during transport and needs to find its sweet spot again.
    Felder is giving me a run around about proper calibration. And the Felder yahoo group has been shut down unless reopened recently. I've dealt with 7 Felder employees and 20++++k later I'm still not in the know or have documentation.
    Preston Vinzant
    Tomball tx

I will keep everyone informed on the solution side of this problem.

Soap shoes are made for sliding

Quote Originally Posted by preston vinzant View Post
    ...And the Felder yahoo group has been shut down unless reopened recently. ...
    I didn't receive my digest from the Felder Yahoo group yesterday, which could be due to no traffic but that discussion group is fairly active every day.

I just tried and was able to log on, so maybe it was down for a day but it is back up again.
    Mark McFarlane

Isn't there an adjustable stop on the front side? Seems parallelosity is the only important thing here.
    From there the whole infeed adjusts up and down.

tomorrow im recieving my 72 starrett straight edge here is the dial indicator pictures

my pc isnt letting add the pictures now and i found that there is a new site hammerfelder forum i got on.

felder is not helping me they say 3 week wait becuase of some trade show

West Central Alberta, East of the Rockies - West of the Rest
    I can't believe there is no one at Felder available to walk you through the process - however today is Saturday. Here in Calgary there are 2 guys running the store and they would bend over backwards to help a customer, if they don't have the answer they get in touch with head office in Winnipeg or directly with Austria. When I bought my KF 700S a year ago I was getting an error code when changing the settings to metric and after sending a couple pics (my machine is 7 1/2 hp with 3 ph inverter) the rep received instructions from Austria which he relayed to me over the phone and waited until I successfully changed some jumpers.
    However every machine coming from Austria is adjusted within specs and tested at the factory and after that it's out of their control.
    Try jointing two boards, 1st one face then one edge and hold the freshly jointed edges together and see what it looks like. Keep us posted.

ive jointed almost 10 8in wide boards and big dip in the middle, 10hp 3ph dual 51. ill have my 6ft straight edge fro,m starrett in the morn

Reread my post!!! Knock off the ends of those edges on the jointer and keep pressure on the outfeed taple.
    Jointer use is more about technique than the machine itself, straight edges just don't happen without it.