Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Your Favorite Singers/Bands

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick McCarthy View Post
    Mark Knopfler from Dire Straits - anytime, any day, 24/7

Allison Krause and Union Station
    I was able to see Allison Krause and Union Station at the Chateau Ste. Michelle Winery a couple years ago, and it was a wonderful concert. I don't usually think of her when I think of my favorites, but I do love her music.

My wife and I are going to see Heart, Joan Jett, and Cheap Trick together at the White River Amphitheatre tomorrow, and that should be fun. Ann and Nancy Wilson would definitely be in my top 10 favorites list.
    ~Garth

Blog Entries
    I mostly listen to what used to be called progressive country, Willie Nelson, Jerry Jeff Walker, David Allen Cole, Pure Prairie League, Emmylou Harris, Etc.... I guess my favorite artist is Jackson Browne though (Got to seen him in concert last year, I just wish he had done more of his old stuff). I also like Tom Petty, Jimmie Buffet, and of course Bob Dylan. Lately, I have really gotten into The Zac Brown Band, (Chicken Fried, Toes), Those guys are really talented! Also Chris Stapleton is another really talented guy.
    Larry J Browning
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world; Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Garth Almgren View Post
    I was able to see Allison Krause and Union Station at the Chateau Ste.
    I think Allison Krause has one of the greatest voices in music today. I'd love to see her.
    Quite a while back my son was not happy with her because her colaboration with (I think) R. Plant was holding up a Led Zeppelin reunion.

Blog Entries
    I used to consider Arcade Fire to be right up there near Dylan, but their latest album took them way off in another direction. While in Hati they joined in a voodoo séance and apparently incorporated bits of that kind of thing in their current music.

Here's there 2007 ACL show. Don't give up on it after the frontman's wife's quirky song a few songs into the show.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sfVkwy...5e37uf3vt1o%3D

Blog Entries
    Ok, that ain't the way it was originally aired. Different lineup and songs not on the original show.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Stew Hagerty View Post
    Mark, after seeing your post I realized that I had missed one of my all time favorites in my list. Neil Diamond. I fell in love with his music back in high school in the '70s. I played his Hot August Night album over & over. What a voice he has. And it's not just a great voice, it's so distinctive. you instantly know when he is singing. My wife & I went to Cleveland to see him in concert a number of years ago. What a performer, truly one of the absolute best!
    Have you seen this performance?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...QWH9r-0N25UDDw

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Blatter View Post
    Stew - I had the chance to see Neil Diamond in Billings, MT in 96 or 97. It was great and a fun concert. His voice was a little tired at that point, but he still had most of his ability. I see that I left off one that I listen to a fair bit as well, James Taylor. He has that similar style as John Denver, Gordan Lightfoot and most others that I like.
    I got to see John Denver in-the-round here in Fort Wayne in 1976ish. He was so very good. One of a kjnd, never to be replaced.
    "I've cut the dang thing three times and it's STILL too darn short"
    Name withheld to protect the guilty

Stew Hagerty

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Jobe View Post
    I love that song. That performance must have been from the late 70's ('78 if I had to guess).

Stew Hagerty

Blog Entries
    I love that song. That performance must have been from the late 70's ('78 if I had to guess).

Nov. 25, 1976.

It's a take from The Band's "The Last Waltz "

Do you folks listen to music over the whirl of tools in the shop?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Riddle View Post
    Do you folks listen to music over the whirl of tools in the shop?
    Music is always playing in the background.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Did anyone say Led Zeppelin?

https://youtu.be/OxPnGzTI1EE

Stew Hagerty

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Jobe View Post
    Nov. 25, 1976.

It's a take from The Band's "The Last Waltz "

Hey, I was close

Stew Hagerty

Blog Entries
    Hey, I was close
    Being a Dylan fan I've read some things
    about his backup musicians. According to what I've found Robbie Robertson made the decision to break up and he and Diamond were the only 2 people on the planet that knew Neil was going to perform. It's been said "Dry Your Eyes" was co-written by Robbie and Neil. Robertson gets a lot of grief for basically appointing himself leader of The Band.
    Also, he was one of Dylan's favorite guitarists. Robertson left Dylan because, he said, he wanted to go another direction with the guitar.

He is good, I have to admit. Much of BOB was his work.

And then there's Charlie McCoy. Look up his volume of work with Dylan and others. He played just about every instrument made on HW61 on til around 1970.
    Where would Desolation Row be without his melodic guitar work. He compiled that in a very short period of time.
    It wasn't til about the 500th time I listened to that song that I noticed his work during Bob's 2 harmonica solos. Incredible sound. He even gives you a small taste of it during the lyrics " Then they take them to the factories".

Stew, I am with you on Led Zeppelin. Stairway to Heaven is the greatest song of all time in my opinion. As for music in the background, I have the radio on a classic rock station 10hours a day. Oh, they do broadcast Australian Rules Football on the weekend as well. Go the Sydney Swans! Cheers