Weird Al
    Simon and Garfunkle
    Arlo Guthrie
    CCR
    Janice Joplin
    Paula Abul

and more

Bruce

The only one on your list I recognize is the Dave Matthews band. I never heard of the others. One of us just ain't with it.

I should note that one of my favorites, Pete Fountain, just passed. May he rest in peace. The Mills Brothers were special and were from a little town not far from where I grew up. I like Patsy Cline, Willy, The Carpenters, and a lot of the stuff from the 50', 60's and 70's. I have Glenn Miller on a flash drive in my car.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Bruce,

My guess is that the people who "are with it" might laugh at many of our choices. I haven't seen too many modern bands/singers mentioned. I am also one caught in a time warp. Not much new stuff on the radio interests me. As a matter of fact, most of the time the satellite radio in the truck is on the sixties or seventies channels.

Mike, Rich, the beauty of online music services like Pandora is being exposed to new artists, I listen to it all the time while working in the shop. Whenever I hear something I really like I'll write it down and buy it. It's been years since I've listened to over the air radio.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

I like Pandora as well but I rarely have any sound in my office. I have Delbert McClinton (that's what I call "mood" music) on my Pandora along with a few others.

The only time my car radio is on is if I can find a football game I'm interested in.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Gravograph IS400
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Null View Post
    Bruce

The only one on your list I recognize is the Dave Matthews band. I never heard of the others. One of us just ain't with it.
    I think its you since Bruce has Alison Krauss, Bill Medley, Diana Krall, Diane Birch, Grace Potter, and Susan Tedeschi on his list.

It is remarkable that so many members have the same tastes in music that I do. We must all be hippy refugees.

On the other hand, I think Tommy Emmanuel is the best acoustic guitar picker on earth. His Youtube videos are just extraordinary.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Mann View Post
    It is remarkable that so many members have the same tastes in music that I do. We must all be hippy refugees.

On the other hand, I think Tommy Emmanuel is the best acoustic guitar picker on earth. His Youtube videos are just extraordinary.
    I saw Tommy live here at the Kiva Auditorium a few years ago. He is truly a gifted artist. I have a double CD of his that's half acoustic and half electric. An excellent CD.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

May years ago Les Paul and Mary Ford would come to a supper club in Dayton, Ohio for a 3 day gig. Paul was a just plain Bill kind of guy and a couple of times I had a drink and conversation with him during his breaks. We were not previously acquainted.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Gravograph IS400
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Does any body like Cher? lol or is willing to admit it?
    JK.

Quote Originally Posted by ken masoumi View Post
    Does any body like Cher? lol or is willing to admit it?
    JK.

Great "If I Could Turn Back Time" video!!
    Last edited by Barry McFadden; 08-20-2016 at 10:00 PM.

Bob Seger, Creedence Clearwater, a little bit of John Denver, and who don't tap their foot at some AC/DC. Bob says it like it is.
    I was once a woodworker, I still am I'm just saying that I once was.

Chop your own wood, it will warm you twice. -Henry Ford

Love the fifties and Boogie music, both available on you tube. I Heart Fifties online, and local station has program on Saturday afternoon called "Bandstand" which is mostly fifties, with some early sixties. My all time favorite is the Fat Man (Fats Domino.) Gotta listen to some Arthur Smith Guitar Boogie before shutting down for the night.

How about the Moody Blues, Guess Who, Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band, Kansas, REO Speedwagon.
    Terry

I had an earworm yesterday - The song was stuck in my head but no idea of title or artist. Kelly Clarkson "Behind Hazel Eyes". That took some sleuthing.

Dan Fogelberg (gone too soon) & the Wilson girls - Ann & Nancy (Heart).