Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Power supply help

Wow, thanks Dave. This thing is getting out of my league in a hurry. Where are you located? I have a feeling this thing could become very unmanageable for me. I will try to continue with this. I appreciate your input a lot. Best regards. Len

In in Wales in the UK Len

Door switches can be bypassed to test if that is the problem though so don't worry too much
    You did what !

Thanks Dave. I will research "Door Switch". You have been a HUGE help. Best regards to you.
    Len

4. The door switch can be a magnetic switch (though some are mechanical) located somewhere around the door to ensure it's closed when you run the machine. Many of them are on the left side, near the front of the machine as you face it. It could be somewhere else but it should be around the edge of the door. From an electronic standpoint it's easy to test for those with experience. Once you find the switch you can test it for continuity. The clip I posted shows how to test the psu and tube independent of the switch or controller board so if they work in that mode, you have something like a switch failure, controller failure or possibly a wiring issue. Not having any current output reading on your meter doesn't necessarily mean the PSU is dead.

At this point I think it would make more sense for you to start actively looking for someone local to assist. In addition to Makerplace there is a community at SDSU at the buildIt makerspace and FabLab in East Village. Between those someone should be able to get you on the right track.

Dave, you have been very helpful here. I can't tell you how much I appreciate it. I now feel as though I might find a solution. (If not there is going to be a cheap laser on the market soon.) Thanks again.

Len

powe supply connect P G.jpgpowersupply.jpgI think I will get nowhere unless I try to replace the power supply. I have contacted Matthew Ma of D-Win 3 times without acknowledgment. I have been searching for the correct power supply for this unit. DWin 80 watt. 600 x900mm table. Here is a picture of it. This is a replacement that I bought from Matthew about 3 years ago. I know it is too soon to die considering I only use it for an hour or 2 per month. Anyhow, If anybody can identify the correct model number and or compatible replacement I would appreciate any help...
    Last edited by Len Laviolette; 08-26-2016 at 12:06 PM. Reason: failed image upload

Len,
    There are a few things that will stop the laser from firing. The door switch and water flow sensor are the most common problems.
    Suppliers will gladly sell you new power supplies, but until you get to the root of the problem you are just spending money on a guess. From my personal experience and information I have gathered here, power supplies and tubes normally fail slowly, not fast unless they go out with a bang or pop, literally.
    You have been given free advice from some of the most knowledgable people on this board,,,,you may want to research it deeper if you don't understand it yet.
    Scott
    Rabbit Laser RL-60-1290, Rotary attachment, Corel Draw x6, Bobcad Ver 27
    Juki-LU 2810-7, Juki 1900 AHS, Juki LU-1508, Juki LH-3188-7, Juki LH 1182
    Sheffield 530 HC webbing cutter

Hi Scott, yes you are right. I am in the process of trying to figure out what to do. I have sent out feelers trying to get some professional help here on site. It is very difficult. If it continues much longer I am possibly going to dump the machine and go back to doing stuff by hand. Thanks for the input. I appreciate it Scott.
    Len
    www.lavioletteguitars.com

Umm, umm, umm somebody forgot to turn on the cooling pump. I got everything turned on and ready then realized that somebody must have forgotten to turn on the water. I am should fire the knucklehead....works fine.....I hope I don't get too much response on this one.

Just log this one up to in-experience... You have only had the machine 5 years... still a newbie.......but I would create a check list that starts with #1 Make sure machine is plugged in and ALL switches are turned on.

Just Laughin' with ya!
    Mark
    In the Great Northwest!

Trotec Speedy C25, Newing-Hall 350 (AMC I & HPGL), NH-CG-30 (Carbide Cutter Sharpener)
    Sawgrass 400 Gel Ink Printer, CS5, 5/9/x6 CorelDraw

Hey- I'm a boat owner, and there's a lot more people who own boats than laser engravers--

and 90% of every boat owner has left the plug out at least once...

It happens, and you're in good company! Just glad it's up & runnin' again!
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Thanks. This is typical of me...

Quote Originally Posted by Len Laviolette View Post
    Thanks. This is typical of me...
    A good tip is to connect your laser and water pump to the same power strip or switched outlet.