Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What was Your Last Woodworking Tool Purchase

Quote Originally Posted by Prashun Patel View Post
    Jim, that of course means you must sell your existing Mortise chisels to someone local...
    Butt joints, w/ nice long 5/16" steel pins.

Cattle aren't snobs - they have no idea what a M & T joint is.....

Quote Originally Posted by John K Jordan View Post
    There sure seem to be a lot of farmers that read these forums!

...... There is no end...

JKJ
    John

Roger that!!!

Jim

Picture framing clamp from LV, newly modified LV plow plane.
    Paul

In my last Amazon order I had several small add-on type things: a pair of brass stair gauges, a set of self-centering bits, a solid steel scratch awl, some bench cookies and cones, and a plumb bob.

My last bigger purchases were a HTC PM-4000 miter saw stand (I love it!) and a Hitachi pin nailer that I got during the Prime Day sale in July.
    ~Garth

A bottle of Titebond II glue. Pretty cheap hmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Riddle View Post
    Stew,

How are you liking your new Tormek? Have you set up the Tormek and used it?

I got it all set up on it's turntable accessory. So far I have sharpened several chisels, and 3 plane irons. I have to say, I am overwhelmingly pleased. It has actually exceeded my expectations. I assumed that I would need to do a quick final honing on my Hard Black Dan's before it was as sharp as I like my blades to be. I was wrong! I grind the edge, use the stone grader to make it finer, give it a quick few more seconds, then remove the burr, and run it across the stropping wheel. When that's done I can shave with it. Done! I have NEVER been able to sharpen so fast, and so effortlessly. Why the heck didn't I get one of these sooner???
    "I've cut the dang thing three times and it's STILL too darn short"
    Name withheld to protect the guilty

Stew Hagerty

Domino 500, the kit with dominos and extra cutters and a domino plate this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Womer View Post
    Domino 500, the kit with dominos and extra cutters and a domino plate this summer.
    Kevin, I just ordered the 500 myself. What are your initial thoughts on it?

Stew Hagerty

Quote Originally Posted by Stew Hagerty View Post
    Kevin, I just ordered the 500 myself. What are your initial thoughts on it?
    Stew,Had to calibrate the window, refer to YouTube Paul Marcel videos, I think search Half Inch Shy on there. He has great videos on set up and use. Everything else was spot on accurate. I can't get over how precise and quick it is to make MT joints. It was a lot of money, but once you get it in your hands and use it the pain goes away. Should have bought one years ago and is really the only Festool Tool I wanted. It really is a game changer in the way you work. You will love it. Enjoy!Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Womer View Post
    Stew,Had to calibrate the window, refer to YouTube Paul Marcel videos, I think search Half Inch Shy on there. He has great videos on set up and use. Everything else was spot on accurate. I can't get over how precise and quick it is to make MT joints. It was a lot of money, but once you get it in your hands and use it the pain goes away. Should have bought one years ago and is really the only Festool Tool I wanted. It really is a game changer in the way you work. You will love it. Enjoy!Kevin

Thank you Kevin, I will check out his videos. According to UPS it should be here tomorrow and I'm anxious to give it a try.

Stew Hagerty

last "actual wood working tool" that will directly work on wood was a Festool Carvex Jig Saw.
    I just got a 5HP Rolair, air compressor specifically for spraying finishes, so I guess that could count.
    It's nice that it can do double duty for working on cars
    "The first thing you need to know, will likely be the last thing you learn." (Unknown)

My Domino 500 just arrived on my doorstep about half an hour ago.

Stew Hagerty