Thread: 3m accuspray

3m accuspray

Starting to get more & more painted kitchens lately. Looking for a good painting system. I have a air assist HVLP that I like for clear coating Cabot water based poly. Whats everyone like for painting? Pigmented poly VS paint & clear poly top coat? I've had a few problems with GF Enduro pig poly streaking out of a 3m accuspray. Is it drying in the air out of the gun? Airless a better choice?Would like to stay with water based. Looking for professional grade equipment. I know everyone has their own opinion, but maybe I can sort out what will work best for me. Yes for all you old timers out there I'm still in business & making sawdust every day. Thanks in advance.
    Mark B
    Last edited by Mark J Bachler; 08-24-2016 at 10:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark J Bachler View Post
    Starting to get more & more painted kitchens lately. Looking for a good painting system. I have a air assist HVLP that I like for clear coating Cabot water based poly. Whats everyone like for painting? Pigmented poly VS paint & clear poly top coat? I've had a few problems with GF Enduro pig poly streaking out of a 3m accuspray. Is it drying in the air out of the gun? Airless a better choice?Would like to stay with water based. Looking for professional grade equipment. I know everyone has their own opinion, but maybe I can sort out what will work best for me. Yes for all you old timers out there I'm still in business & making sawdust every day. Thanks in advance.
    Mark B

I'm going back to my acrylic latex paint, thinned 10%, with a water base poly topcoat. Now all I need is a new gun. ????

Anest Iwata is my choice for spray guns and has been for many years. I find them to be precise, ergonomic and reliable. I have used different models at different times but they have all been excellent. I have also used Devilbiss, Samson, Graco, Atlas Copco and many others but none are as good as Iwata.

I'm always spraying high grade linear and aliphatic polyurethanes. I generally opt for pigmented urethanes - I never have been a big fan of clear over base colour unless is is required for a particular optical effect. Cheers
    Every construction obeys the laws of physics. Whether we like or understand the result is of no interest to the universe.