Thread: Who can sharpen my HSS Dewalt planer blades and my 12" carbide tooth mitersaw blade?

Who can sharpen my HSS Dewalt planer blades and my 12" carbide tooth mitersaw blade?

Who would you recommend to sharpen my high speed steel Dewalt planer blades, and my 12" Freud Diablo miter saw blade (80 tooth I think). I assume sharpening is a cost effective solution to buying new, right?

Justin

Blog Entries
    You might check Infinity's prices before sharpening. I have the same planer. I assume you have already rotated the blades 180 degrees and they are dull again.
    On the other hand, a Deulen sharpening jig will permit you to sharpen your blades your self. I have a Deulen jig and sharpened my jointer blades. It took less than an hour to do the whole thing.

The problem with sharpening the DeWalt planer blades is that they have location holes. Sharpening will shorten the blades a small amount. Too much and the screws will hit the wood. The blades are not that expensive and you get two sides. I'd buy new blades rather than sharpen them. They're really not designed to be sharpened.

That said, I have honed my DeWalt blades when I feel they are getting dull. Gives me a bit more life to them.

Mike

[If you really use the planer a lot, look at Infinity's carbide blades, as Lowell suggested.]
    Last edited by Mike Henderson; 08-24-2016 at 4:05 PM.
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

I've been sending all my sharpening needs to Scott's Sharpening Service since 1999. Good work, decent prices.

I also buy most of my saw blades and Freeborn shaper cutters from him.

http://scottssharpening.com/
    Last edited by Richard McComas; 08-24-2016 at 4:52 PM.
    Rich
    ALASKANS FOR GLOBAL WARMING

Eagle River Alaska