Thread: Bottle opener kits

Bottle opener kits

Ive used the opener kits from Rockler, and have always felt the product was heavy duty and well made. The kits from PSI are much more cost friendly, especially the more you buy. Anyone have experience with both that could compare the 2? I hate to spend money on something to save money, if the result will be an inferior product. Any other resources out there for similar product? Im referring to the thread on type, not the ones that feed the whole way through the handle like a pen. Thanks.

I've only used the ones from Woodcraft which I buy when they're on sale. They're a little more but the quality is good. I've never used those from PSI so I can't compare.

I only use the Rockler kits. I like the look of them and how easy they are to make. I've thought about going the cheaper route but I just like the Rockler kits so I won't change. Plus I'd only be saving a few dollars by changing.

JMO
    Doug Swanson

Where are John Keeton and Steve Schlumpf anyway?

Try google pallet nail bottle opener. You can make one for free, recycling pallet wood and a nail. I know this is a Turners Forum, but I just had to toss that one out there. The first hit is usually a bent nail type of opener, but you can make it with the straight pallet nail. I guess you could turn a handle and make the opener part flat and pound in a nail. Recycling pallet wood is actually quite fun and people do think it's cool.
    You can find hardwood pallets at granite counter/cabinet type shops. The pallets are real heavy duty to ship chunks of rocks. Recycling the junk pine/fir pallets isn't much fun.

IMG_0859.JPG

This is the PSI heavy duty bottle opener. Very nice piece- I think. Been using it for about 3-4 months. Looks good, finish is nice, works well. Took me about 30 minutes to turn, finish, and epoxy. Try one out. Not much risk if you don't like it. I've made several for gifts.