Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The struggles of Sketchup.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    My employer did the same thing prior to the "expiry" of the free upgrade offer, migrating about 10K machines to Win10 and purchasing a few new ones to replace those that couldn't be effectively upgraded. Those of us who do BYOD with Macs also upgraded to Win10 in our VMs that we still have to maintain for certain applications that are tied exclusively to Windows. Most of my customers (US Federal agencies) are doing the same.
    If a company has an Enterprise license for Windows on the desktop there never was a "free" upgrade to Windows 10. A company has to pay Microsoft a license fee every year to use the Enterprise version of Windows desktop. The license fee includes upgrades to the latest version of Windows. If a company decides to stop paying the yearly licensing fee they are legally required to replace all Enterprise versions of Windows with the Professional version of Windows.

The whole point of my two posts is that some companies are upgrading to Windows 10 already.

My employer negotiated an upgrade deal with Microsoft that was concurrent with the consumer upgrade offer date to reduce the cost. I don't know the details, but there was a big hurry to get it done...

It didn't affect me as I noted...I'm a BYOD Mac user.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...