Thread: Minimax sc3 owners

Minimax sc3 owners

Hi folks
    I found a used minimax sc3 1997 With a 5 feet slider and a 4 hp motor, the saw looks to be in very good condition judged by the fotos i havent seen it in person.
    The seller is asking 1400 is this a good price ?
    I know minimax makes quality Products but would like to hear some opinions from People that used this saw.

Blog Entries
    Did the seller buy it new? Was it used for business or pleasure? These are deciding factors..

The SC3 has a good track record but was sold in a whole bunch of different configurations during those days. No two the same, it seemed. Pricing on used machinery is really subjective, so I can't tell you whether or not that's fair, but will say that you always ought to budget some more money beyond the selling price for wearables that might need to be replaced: Drive belts, bearings, switches, etc. Also, for some reason, flip stops for the crosscut fence seem to be something that always "goes missing" on used slider.

You can download the manual for that machine as well as price out spare parts through the SCM Group parts portal, parts-pronto-dot-com. The manual is free to download but you'll need to register and create an account to price out parts or check availability. Best of luck in your search.

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep