Thread: Best place to buy lumber online?

Best place to buy lumber online?

I want to make a project out of walnut and my only local non-big-box lumber supply doesn't carry anything, it's all special order. I noticed a few sites like Rockler sell wood so I'm wondering where you go when your local supplier is either too expensive or doesn't have what you need. I can only imagine how awful shipping costs must be, but for special projects it'd be good to have a reliable online supplier that isn't going to send me junk.

I have ordered from Bell Forest Products and Wall Lumber, been very satisfied with both.

I've found Wall Lumber to have good quality at somewhat reasonable prices. (No relationship with them other than a customer)

Hearne ships...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I've always had good luck with Niagara Lumber. I like the no guess work that the shipping is included in the pricing. I hate talking on the phone, so that precludes me from calling a lot of places to get shipping estimates.

Have you checked woodfinder.com I have been surprised at outlets that aren't widely known. Just a thought.

Where are you? Jim mentioned Hearne...great people and great selection of wood (walnut country.) Also in Pa. is Irion Lumber, he has huge experience with walnut and great supply...and ships.