Thread: Laguna Laser

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Laguna Laser

I just got an email from Laguna marketing the other day, saying they came out with a line of laser engravers. I haven't had a chance to call their sales department yet, but was wondering if anyone has any knowledge about them yet? I don't even have any price ranges yet, but I'm curious if they are going to be on par with Trotec, Epilog, Full Spectrum or the Chinese lasers??

Rebranded Weikes with yet another reseller banging their name on them.

Superspark, Laguna, Hurricane, AddSharks etc etc.....just names stencilled on to basic Chinese boxes

The advertsing picture I just looked at says "60w or 80 watt top quality" with a CW3000 cooler next to it that the manufacturer of that cooler only rates at 50 watts so that will give you some idea of how much they know
    Last edited by Dave Sheldrake; 09-04-2016 at 6:20 PM.
    You did what !

That tells me what I want to know. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Sheldrake View Post
    The advertsing picture I just looked at says "60w or 80 watt top quality" with a CW3000 cooler next to it that the manufacturer of that cooler only rates at 50 watts so that will give you some idea of how much they know
    Haha well said Dave!
    Trotec Speedy 400 120w, Trotec Speedy 300 80w
    Thunderlaser Mars-130 with EFR 130w tube
    Signature Rotary Engravers (2)
    Epson F6070 Large Format Printer, Geo Knight Air Heat Presses (2)

Laguna has been a longtime sponsor here. I'd be inclined to support them as I feel sure they'll offer more support than you can get from most other of the US importers. I imagine they'll have to identify their requirements first but they are not novices in dealing with Chinese manufacturers and their CNC machines are quite well respected.

Not that it's apples and apples but I bought a Laguna 14" bandsaw a couple of years back and it's been perfect.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Just looked at the new releases on their web site, the Laguna IMU lasers are Bodor machines.
    You did what !

I've met the Laguna guys very nice, but a CNC expert does not make a laser expert, they are different things. I'm sure they will learn the lasers quickly, but I wouldn't want to be the guinea pig for their learning curve for reasons such as Dave pointed out. Give them 6 months and they will be ready.
    Trotec Speedy 400 120w, Trotec Speedy 300 80w
    Thunderlaser Mars-130 with EFR 130w tube
    Signature Rotary Engravers (2)
    Epson F6070 Large Format Printer, Geo Knight Air Heat Presses (2)

As far as prices I received a quote from Laguana in Jan 2017 for $5,300 for a 20x12-40W. Pretty steep for a Chinese unit...and worse Bodor. 2 year warranty but does not include tube or lens. They do look good in the brochure/site. But, Bodor reviews showing body rust, psu failures, etc. I think Laguana's going to have their hands full with support.

Saw a Bodor last week with the main drive rod snapped at the bearing on the Y axis rail

never seen that happen to any laser before in the last 17 years
    You did what !