Thread: Help with Bedrock 606 frog needed

Help with Bedrock 606 frog needed

Over the weekend, acquired more new "old" planes,tools I don't really need. Along with them came a bedrock 606 in good condition..I eagerly started the cleanup few hours later and as I removed the lever cap, blade I was confronted with a new challenge: no easy hold down bolts to unscrew and free the frog . I am slightly aware of the screws (3) at back of the frog a feature of these bedrocks...that permits rear end adjustment.
    But to do my simple removal of the frog to permit cleaning, I was temporarily stymied.. Can you guys help me ? I've disassembled more Stanley bailey's than I can remember but this is new territory for me..HELP...A very humbling experience.. thank you all.
    Jerry

Back the two outside ones out, until the PINS that are in the frog can be lifted out. Bolts have a pointed end, that goes into the side of the pins. Once the pointed end clears the pin, the pin can be lifted out.

Thanks Steven...you solved the issue!! Once it was apart I could see the inter-relationship...I feel dumber than usual...thanks much....Appreciate your help !!!! All is well...
    Jerry

Blog Entries
    I feel dumber than usual
    Recently saw something on this, "we are all idiots, just on different subjects." It was attributed to Mark Twain.

At least you had the smarts to know where to ask.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Good Jim...very appropiate...a humbling experience for me..
    Jerry