Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Makita systainers

Makita systainers

Check out Makita systainers at CPO outlets. Same as older Festool. Good prices.
    Last edited by Steve Lindsey; 09-05-2016 at 7:14 PM.

Thanks for the lead Steve. All: On the web site they are called "Makita Tool Storage".

Systainer would a copyrighted name.

I use them to house my Makita cordless. You can also use the search term "interlocking."

Many tools come in systainers in Europe. Festool, Mafel, Makita, Dewalt, Fein, etc. The ones mentioned are made by Makita under license by Tanos and are not quite as good as the ones actually made by Tanos. Sortimo also makes a different series but still pays some license fee to Tanos.

Festool, Mafel, Fein, and a few others upgraded their Tanos from the original to the newer T-Locks.

The early Tanos boxes were way better than nothing. Sortimo are mostly seen in the US saying Bosch on them. They are better than the early Tanos boxes. The new Tanos T-Locks are so vastly superior that there really isn't any comparison. I paid $14.88 for a number of new Sortimos. Certainly wouldn't pay that for early style Tanos like the Makita.

Blog Entries
    That's where I got most of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg R Bradley View Post
    Many tools come in systainers in Europe.
    I wish everything that could, would. It'd be nice if all the boxes were the same or a factor of the same size. Having to play Tetris with tools in a tight trailer/van/pickup is a challenge for new guys.

"It doesn't fit."
    "You sure?"
    "Yeah."
    "Well, it all came out of there this morning. So I'm pretty sure it'll all go back in."
    "Oh"

I can't imagine it would cost a tool maker any more to buy the systainer boxes than the one off boxes that they provide. I'm not sure it'd sway my decision to buy one product over another, but it would certainly be pleasing.

Thanks for posting this Steve

For a few years I worked as a safety worker for a racing sanctioning body. The 53' double deck hauler housed 10 scooters, 2 or 3 quads, 2 sets of extrication equipment, a wide variety of tools, radios, electronics, fire suits, helmets, extinguishers, backpack blowers, brooms, shovels, etc. Basically everything but our response trucks went on the hauler. Hand tools & electronics were in Pelican cases. Each cabinet in the lower level had a picture and list on door, the upper level had a series photos and a loading sequence posted on each wall. Most seasons there were 50 to 60 of us working some events, about 20 of us worked each week. By getting that loading order--even when only a few of the regulars flew in, we still were able to load it all back up in about an hour (seems like it took longer to unload!!)

The point--once we get it all to fit well and in a logical order, pictures are worth a thousand words!!
    earl

Sorry for upsetting some by my incorrect discription. I received my Mikata "containers" today. I have a few older Festool systainers and these are every bit as sturdy as the Festool. They lock together just fine. When you ad a pre cut foam insert they will be great for non Festool tools. The savings is significant.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Lindsey View Post
    Sorry for upsetting some by my incorrect discription. I received my Mikata "containers" today. I have a few older Festool systainers and these are every bit as sturdy as the Festool. They lock together just fine. When you ad a pre cut foam insert they will be great for non Festool tools. The savings is significant.
    I appreciated you flagging it to us Steve.

Thanks for the lead Steve!
    Greg-where did you find Sortimos boxes for $14??

Amazon has the same or slightly better prices, just FYI.

I've been pondering getting these for my non-Festools. I have mostly T-locs, but at less than half the price of the Tanos T-locs, this is super tempting.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Robinson View Post
    Amazon has the same or slightly better prices, just FYI.

I've been pondering getting these for my non-Festools. I have mostly T-locs, but at less than half the price of the Tanos T-locs, this is super tempting.
    u get another 20% off at cpo when u spend $75

Quote Originally Posted by David T gray View Post
    u get another 20% off at cpo when u spend $75
    Oops, my mistake! In an attempt to make up for it, I ordered some.