Thread: Bowl Hiding in a Bowl .....

Bowl Hiding in a Bowl .....

Fellow Creeker Glen Hodges down in Nashville Ga hangs out around the Creek but seldom posts a message. So, when he sent this pic to me today I told him that I would post it for him ... its really unique.

Big discussion here a week or so ago about the merits (or in some cases the lack thereof) of a good Southern Pecan tree. Glenn turned this natural edge bowl on Saturday and found this rather unique grain pattern hiding out there. Now, I'm not a turner so that's about all I can tell you about it. Glen leaves in the morning headed to his Sister's Wood shop at Glacier National Park in Montana .... he's there for the summer with his lathe demo'ing bowl turning to the touristas that visit his Sister's shop, who by the way is an accomplished wood worker herself.

Wish Glen the best for the opportunity for a great summer ... since its 90* here now by about 10AM these days.

Thumbs up Cool!

Ken and Glen,

You just never know what lurks beneath the surface of a piece of wood. That is very unique. Nice bowl(s). Good luck in the Big Sky Country Glen.

Bob

Cool Way neat!

That has to be about the neatest thing I've seen "uncovered" whilst turning! I wonder how often something like that crops up?! Very cool, indeed. Thanks for posting the pic!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

That is pretty cool! I hope Glen can sneak in some computer time betwixt demos this summer so he can post some more pics of his bowls.
    Jason

"Don't get stuck on stupid." --Lt. Gen. Russel Honore