Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: SawStop vs Bosch ruling

SawStop vs Bosch ruling

http://www.woodworkingnetwork.com/ne...awstop-patents

"An administrative law judge has issued an initial ruling that Bosch’s new Reaxx safety saw infringes on SawStop patents. The ruling in a case before the U.S. International Trade Commission could potentially halt the importation and sale of Bosch’s new saw to the United States."

Kevin Groenke
    @personmakeobject on instagram
    Fabrication Director,UMN College of Design (retired!)

Blog Entries
    I can't say I'm surprised. Stephen Gass is/was a Patent attorney as are some of his early partners. You can bet that he took great care in writing those patent claims.

I'll bet that battle isn't over yet.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

^ Times two

Maybe those that want the Bosch saw should buy them now
    George

Making sawdust regularly, occasionally a project is completed.

Quote Originally Posted by George Bokros View Post
    ^ Times two

Though of course should Sawstop ultimately prevail you run the risk of having a saw that may not be supported...won't be able to get new brake cartridges...

Quote Originally Posted by George Bokros View Post
    ^ Times two

And a lifetime supply of cartridges...

Well bet who wins will depend on how much money bosch wants to spend in coart.

If Bosch lost wouldnt that mean that they just couldnt sell the Reaxx in America? If thats the case youd be able to get new cartridges Im sure from overseas resellers and via eBay.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

I don't care who wins. I will never buy anything that is connected with Stephen Gass. He hired lobbiests and paid 10s of thousands of dollars to try to get federal legislation passed that would remove my right to choose which kind of saw I buy. I will never support any company or individual that does that kind of thing.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Art Mann View Post
    I don't care who wins. I will never buy anything that is connected with Stephen Gass. He hired lobbiests and paid 10s of thousands of dollars to try to get federal legislation passed that would remove my right to choose which kind of saw I buy. I will never support any company or individual that does that kind of thing.
    I get your reaction but if lobbying (or paying lobbyists) is out, we'll have to stop buying tobacco, sugar, corn, alcohol, prescription drugs, firearms, fossil fuels, the list goes on and on.

No opinion but one thing to keep in mind: Sawstop cannot be sold in Europe, which is a huge market. Even if Bosch cannot be sold in the US, they still can sell in Canada and the rest of the world.

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

I hate to appear as though I am living under a rock, but can you explain to me Eric what prohibits saw stop sales in Europe?

Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
    I get your reaction but if lobbying (or paying lobbyists) is out, we'll have to stop buying tobacco, sugar, corn, alcohol, prescription drugs, firearms, fossil fuels, the list goes on and on.
    Seriously. I love my PCS and sure am glad I bought. Such a nice saw.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

If Bosch ever develops a cabinet saw version, I might have to import one from Canada.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Loza View Post
    No opinion but one thing to keep in mind: Sawstop cannot be sold in Europe, which is a huge market. Even if Bosch cannot be sold in the US, they still can sell in Canada and the rest of the world.

Erik
    Road trip !!!