Thread: a visit To EurekaZone In NJ

a visit To EurekaZone In NJ

Hello everyone.

I have been lurking around this forum for about a year now.

Early on, I read a post about the EZ Smart Gide CS system and ended up buing it with excellent results. Well, last weekend, I had to go to a wedding in New Jersey and took the opportunity to visit the EurekaZone factory in Edison. I got to meet Dino and to see the prototype of the Repeater. I had been reading about this accessory and had visited the EZ web site for more info but really could not figure it out.
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>

The prototype was slick. It was well made (sturdy) and was easy to figure out how it functioned (even an accountant could figure out how to use it with minimal effort). Essentially the new Repeater is a clamping system that will attach to the bottom of the EZ Guide and will support a measured rail that is used to set the desired width of cut. Different rail lengths will provide the necessary flexibility to accommodate narrow to very wide repeated cuts. The Repeater is easily “zeroed” for square and to the CS blade. I also saw some novel uses of the EZ Guide in a vertical orientation to use for mortising tasks. All in all, the on-site demo really explained a lot.

<o></o>

Thans to everone for all of the good tips and commenst I have read about here at Sawmill Creek.

Tom Davis

Welcome to the Creek Tom.

Hi Tom, and glad you finally posted. Since you've been around a while you already know what to expect -- a bunch of helpful folks -- and that's likely what made you hang around in the first place.

- Vaughn

It's good when lurkers reveal themselves. Now that you have posted once, you might find that it becomes a habit.

Tom, thanks for your reaction the the EZ Repeater. We have heard from Dino that it is supposed to work with the Festool rails as well (but, perhaps Dino is contemplating two repeaters -one for his rail and one for the Festool rail -he was not clear re this point). Whatever is in the works, I hope that the "EZ Repeater for Festool" does a great job and that it becomes available soon.
    Last edited by Frank Pellow; 09-30-2005 at 7:27 AM.

Frank:

I did not get a demo of the Fesstool version, although there was Fesstool equipment in the shop. One of the interesting things was the many different prototypes of the Repeater lying around. You could see the evolution of it from the inception of the idea to the point where it was ready for prouction.

Tom

Tom, welcome to the site, it is great to have you post after having joined over a year ago!
    Jeff Sudmeier

"It's not the quality of the tool being used, it's the skills of the craftsman using the tool that really matter. Unfortunately, I don't have high quality in either"

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Davis
    Hello everyone.

[size=3][font=Times New Roman]I have been lurking around this forum for about a year now.
    Hi Tom.
    Welcome to this great forum.
    Thanks to SMC, you and many others who supported a new idea and made eurekazone a viable company and the "Dead Wood Concept, real for all to enjoy.

Today I received this e-mail.

"""""Dino,
    How are we looking? I'm the blind guy that awaits your improvements of 'self-squaring, and tape measure' of this unique tool of yours. Can you please give me an update?

Have a great day, Dave""""""

Why I post this email?
    I think Dave and many others owe a big thanks to you guys.

Thanks Tom and thanks SMC.
    YCF Dino
    Last edited by Dino Makropoulos; 09-30-2005 at 8:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Pellow
    It's good when lurkers reveal themselves. Now that you have posted once, you might find that it becomes a habit.

Tom, thanks for your reaction the the EZ Repeater. We have heard from Dino that it is supposed to work with the Festool rails as well (but, perhaps Dino is contemplating two repeaters -one for his rail and one for the Festool rail -he was not clear re this point). Whatever is in the works, I hope that the "EZ Repeater for Festool" does a great job and that it becomes available soon.
    Hi Frank.
    The idea of the repeater is to make woodworking easier, better and safer for all. We're even testing a "talking repeater" for blind woodworkers. And a digital version.
    A Universal repeater with the Smart clamping System can been seen at this link. ( if and after I get the permission from the moderator)
    Not only that, but you can see how you can make your system more versatile and Universal.
    The ez Repeater is ready. We just need to update our site. (this weekend)
    The Universal repeater will be available in two-three weeks.
    Thanks Frank.

YFCF Dino
    Last edited by Dino Makropoulos; 09-30-2005 at 8:37 PM.

Lets not get close to the edge of selling products again. Enough feathers have been ruffled for the rest of the year. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Blankshain
    Lets not get close to the edge of selling products again. Enough feathers have been ruffled for the rest of the year. Thanks
    Joe, this time, Dino was responding to a question from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Pellow
    Joe, this time, Dino was responding to a question from me.
    My apologies Frank, had a long day and did a quick read on the thread. I will be more careful next time.