Thread: Just finished

Just finished

Two thick walled pots for the local gallery. Big Leaf Maple and Mahogany. 5" and 6", finished with WTF by General Finishes. Photos not paired correctly.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    C&C WELCOME

Very beautiful, Allan. Interesting wood pairings too. Can you describe your finishing process?
    Veni Vidi Vendi Vente! I came, I saw, I bought a large coffee!

Very nice, that finish is like glass.

Very, very nice!!

Love the way you paired the woods - contrast with good taste. And your finish is magnificent.

Allan, what would you expect these to sell for? I'm just curious.

Fred
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Finish: 1) try your best to eliminate defects and sanding marks. 2) apply first coat of WTF with a piece of folded paper towel ((may need two coats)) smooth out raised grain. 3) start applying multiple coats, wait until last coat no longer tacky, time will vary with warmth and humidity. do not try to go over to quickly it tends to rough the surface. 4) If you are leaving ridges, sand them out after the finish has dried. 5) continue to apply finish until you are satisfied with the depth of finish. Let set for a few days, smooth out the finish and buff. Be aware that hard clear finishes tend to make any defects in sanding easily seen!
    C&C WELCOME