Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Return of Van Huskey

The Return of Van Huskey

Did you folks notice Van has risen? Hadn't seen Van in four years. Welcome back.

And the thread didn't have anything to do with bandsaws.

Good to see you back!
    Confidence: The feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation

Blog Entries
    I noticed but, didn't say anything since I didn't want to spook him .
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Van, good to see you poking your head in the door.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Nice to see him back. And not be morbid, but being a forum we have no other contact with folks so when a prolific poster disappears it makes you wonder what happened!
    Good to see you back Van!

I missed him! Glad he and his tool knowledge are back!!!

LOL! I recently sold my 14" bandsaw and have no plans to replace it. He must have sensed that disturbance in the force .
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

You know you're gangster when they make a thread hailing your return and you don't even drop in to say thanks.

Erik

It was good and exciting to see Van post again. I hope he doesn't make it another 4 years before he posts again.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

He did say thanks to folks in the table saw thread and indicated he became busy with other hobbies. He also still reads here and has an "affinity" for band saws.....imagine that.

Thanks guys, it has been a long strange trip. My wife and I were sitting on the sofa back in 2013 and we were watching one of her guilty pleasure shows and the people were taking a vacation and she looked at me and said we NEED a vacation. Within an hour the vacation turned into a sabatical and we sold both houses, spent 4 months on the boat then decided to travel around the world. Since the boat was too small to consider that as transportation we docked the boat and headed to Kauai but we never continued on. We spent 16 months diving, snorkling, hiking, surfing, sea kayaking and watching sunsets on Polihali beach then decided to come back. We just finished building and moving into a new house and it is time to build another shop. I never quit woodworking but have be doing it in other peoples shops for a while now. I feel like everytime I get a shop built and set up to my liking I move on. I did store most of my tools but I sold off half of my bandsaws so I am down to just 4 now. I'll be around a while, until I am not...
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

Van: Wowwwww......

Honestly, though: I think many of us were worried that you had a health episode (or worse). Glad to see you back.

Erik

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Loza View Post
    Van: Wowwwww......

Honestly, though: I think many of us were worried that you had a health episode (or worse). Glad to see you back.

Erik
    I come and go from forums and in the past I have tried to post that I was going to take a break but it often just sucked me right back in, it is like I imagine drugs to be, you have to quit when you are in the correct frame of mind!

Plus, I figure if I croak someone from each of my hobby forums will figure it out because they will see the Craigslist listing my wife will post with all my stuff.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Riddle View Post
    Did you folks notice Van has risen? Hadn't seen Van in four years. Welcome back.
    Just when it was now safe to read a band saw thread, what poor timing!

All kidding aside, very nice to have him back............Rod.

Van,

This is a tough crowd. A couple weeks ago when I posted a thread that the IRS left a message saying I was headed to prison, one of our non-felon members asked if he could have all my tools. They might try to get the few band saws you have left. It ended up that there were enough of us headed to the prison from IRS calls we can have our own tier. Welcome back, and we're glad to have you as long as you stay. On a selfish note, I do have some bandsaw questions.