Thread: 3M paint preparation system

3M paint preparation system

I came across this gadget tonight. Kinda expensive, but it seems like it could be handy. It seems like a means to store partially used finishes temporarily and use gravity feed guns in any position. The kits come with quite a few cups; perhaps 2 or more people could split an order.
    http://www.3m.com/us/auto_marine_aer...ps/index.jhtml

Curt

Although I have not used this, I have seen the 3m system and it looks just as good in person as it does on the web. It allows gravity guns to shoot at any angle and it is much cleaner too.

I specifically bought a gravity gun because it's supposedly easier to clean. I have a bunch of contraptions I've bought over the years to help paint the walls in my house easier. They usually sit collecting dust while I use a regular old roller and brush because they are so difficult to clean. If I find the same situation happening with my new HVLP gun, I might have to invest in this solution. It is a little bit of money, but not super expensive.

Jay
    Jay St. Peter

I've put of buying a gravity feed gun because I didn't like the idea of not being able to turn it over when sraying. Now I may have to rethink things. That system looks like it would also simplyfy clean up....hmmm