Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Leaving the machinery business...

Leaving the machinery business...

Friends, I was recently offered a position with company in a different segment of the wood industry (not a machinery competitor) and will no longer be representing Minimax or SCM Group. This all happened rather suddenly but the upshot is that it will put me in a position to help grow a brand in a rapidly expanding market, much as I was able to do with Minimax USA back in the early 2000's. I'm leaving SCM on good terms and as a courtesy to customers, will keep myself available until the end of this week for any support or questions. After that, there will be an automated reply to my SCM Group email address (which they hopefully leave up) directing folks to various contacts for customer care, parts, service, etc. I'll probably hang around the Creek for the next week or so but will, more than likely, be an infrequent visitor afterward. I've really enjoyed participating and might become active again but it's probable that I'll be under the radar for a while while I focus on this new career.

For folks considering Minimax bandsaws or combo machines in the future, the only person you need to be talking to is Sam Blasco. Sam is (like myself) a factory authorized SCM Group Business Partner and has been my colleague for close to ten years. In addition to new machinery sales, Sam is also an excellent woodworker who offers seminars and workshops in the European style. Sam is not very active on social media but is (in my opinion) the only real expert in this industry on bandsaws and combined machines. By that, I mean a person who actually uses this equipment themselves and will steer a customer the right direction rather than just feed you a bunch of sales and marketing hype. SCM Group/Minimax is a sponsor here on the Creek, so I believe it's OK to give out contact info. You can reach Sam either through the Minimax toll free number, which is 866-975-9663 (get the operator and ask for him), or through his site, which is "Samantics2" (Google it). Even though I'm leaving the industry, my opinion of Minimax machinery is still the same. It's the best combination of value and performance out there and the last one you will ever buy. See you around, friends.

Erik

Erik,

Good luck in with your new career!

Please do drop around once in a while!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Good luck Erik! We'll miss hearing from you.
    Hope you''ll stop by here occasionally just to check in.
    Fred
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Erik hasn't gone unnoticed it seems.

You said you're leaving Minimax, not SMC right? I hope you keep posting here!

When can you tell us your new job?

Good luck Erik.
    Don't be a stranger, I always enjoyed your insight.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Wow...very nice for you to get a great opportunity like that! Sometimes, a fresh start can be a great thing, too. Best wishes to you and I'm sure we'll be communicating anyway.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Best wishes and thanks for the helpful information!

Best wishes in your new endeavor. I know you will be successful. Don't be a stranger here.
    George

Making sawdust regularly, occasionally a project is completed.

Blog Entries
    A loss for the SCM folks for sure. I know you will bring the same added value to your new endeavor as well. Congrats and don't be a stranger.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Blog Entries
    Eric,

Good luck with your new job and I hope you continue to post here on the creek.

I've always thought you did a nice job with your comments in regard to providing expertise on woodworking machinery without pushing the manufacturer you sell.

The animal lover in you came thru your posts also. I remember a post of yours about your dog passing on and how the other animals in the house mourned him. It really was very touching.

PHM

Good luck.

Best of luck, Erik. And thanks for your help in the past. We'll miss you.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Best of luck man. Let us know where you land.

Thanks for all the valuable information you have shared on these forums over the years. I wish you the very best in your new endeavor.