Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Irwin expansive bit no 22

My understanding is copyrights run much longer than patents. Usually if a product has a patent date it can be dated to within 15 or so years to the date. My understanding of copyright is blurred by how often the law has been changed. (mostly to protect the rights to one very well known mouse) My recollection is it was originally 75 years. That could be wrong.
    I noticed several from ebay, that they are selling those at 1924 made. Little bit misleading, but as always it stays at reader, what he believes and what not.

Are their metric bits available from Europe?
    I don't know about Irwin bits, but yes we have also metric bits. It still seems imperial bits are much more easier to find. I have couple of german made bits which are metric. All others which I have are those Swedish made C.I. Falls and those are all imperial. Or at least those which I have.

Blog Entries
    Jim,

You are correct. They do start with #4. I don't know what I was thinking when I made the post. However, they are a fantastic collection.
    Particularly when I put them in my Stanley Bell Systems Brace.
    Last edited by lowell holmes; 09-21-2016 at 11:09 AM.

This kind of picture popped up when do little bit searching. I can't say how this 1942 is concluded, but if looking picture, there are paper inside which says 1942 and something more. But often if year is totally pulled out from a hat, it's patent year or like this case many times that copyright date 1924.

But in picture there are missing just that spot in label, so could be that seller remembered date wrong and typed that paper "mistakenly" wrong.

But still, box, red painted shank end and cravings looked quite same. But too small picture, that could say for sure.

1942.JPG