Thread: Led Zeppelin Fans

Led Zeppelin Fans

Some friends of mine and I went up to Napa, CA, last night to see a Led Zeppelin tribute band called, Get The Led Out.

These guys absolutely NAILED the original, studio sound of Led Zeppelin. With the over-dubbing of guitars that Page often employed, you'll find that they have 2-3 guitar players on stage for most of the songs.

Look them up to see if they are near you and go see them. You will love it.

My ears are still buzzing this morning but what a memorable evening!

Here is the set list from the evening:
    LZ-set-list.jpg

IMO, "Babe I'm Gonna Leave You" was the best followed extremely closely by "Nobody's Fault But Mine" as best of set. The power you get from a live rather intimate performance (the Napa Uptown Theatre holds 863 and it was sold out) was incredible. There is nothing quite like feeling the bass thumping on your chest!!

Cheers,

Chris
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Of course a tribute band plays their songs; it's past their bed time. Glad you like the music. Also grateful you didn't post a tribute thread to John Elway or Peyton Manning.

Band.jpg

Here is a picture of the band in 2012 with President Obama.

Thanks for the tip Chris. I would love to see their show. I wonder if they do nationwide appearances.

Another good tribute band is Lez Zeppelin. Young ladies rocking it out.
    From the workshop under the staircase, Clinton Township, MI
    Semper Audere!

Pat, do a search...they go all over the place but you likely won't find them filling any of the larger more popular venues; they will be in the smaller places.

I have seen them several times and they are always great. I think the first time I saw them was about five years ago in Philly at the Electric Factory and they have gotten progressively better. They tour like crazy and if your are a Zeppelin fan (and don't have an issue with tribute bands) they are a must see.

I did see Zeppelin once (funny enough also in Philly) in 1985 at Live Aid but they weren't billed nor introduced as Zeppelin, Phil Collins and another drummer who's name escapes me attempted to fill Bonzo's shoes. When they came out Collin's just called them "My three mates" or something like that, it has been 31 years... holy crap I am old... I was in college then!
    Last edited by Chris Padilla; 09-19-2016 at 11:38 AM.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

Thanks for the tip. I will look for them when/if they come out East.

What strikes me about that set is the absence of some of their famous hits like Black Dog. I like that.

It'd be great if a trib band had the guts to EXclude Stairway to Heaven JUST once.

There's a local diner my wife and I used to frequent. We came to know one of the hostesses there. Shelly told us that one day, she was serving a couple that looked familiar, but she could not place the faces. One of the grill guys is a huge Zeppelin fan (had their icons tattooed along his forearm) and asked her, "Do you know who that is?". Shelly apparently did not. "That's Robert Plant and Patty Griffin". Imagine that. I guess Robert Plant has (or had) a home here in Austin and dined there from time to time.

Erik

http://www.ticketnetwork.com/ticket/...nd-events.aspx

Here is a list of their next venues.

Quote Originally Posted by Prashun Patel View Post
    Thanks for the tip. I will look for them when/if they come out East.

What strikes me about that set is the absence of some of their famous hits like Black Dog. I like that.

It'd be great if a trib band had the guts to EXclude Stairway to Heaven JUST once.
    Yep, only two songs from the iconic fourth album made it onto the set list and I agree with you although it would almost be a crime NOT to play STH. I'm cool with them skipping Black Dog and Rock 'n Roll.

It was quite brilliantly done by them. I've never quite liked STH live done by Zeppelin as I always felt it lacked the depth of the studio version. GTLO has 3 guitarists on stage playing STH and it sounded very powerful and magical. I think if you see them and they play it...you'll love it.
    Last edited by Chris Padilla; 09-19-2016 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Loza View Post
    There's a local diner my wife and I used to frequent. We came to know one of the hostesses there. Shelly told us that one day, she was serving a couple that looked familiar, but she could not place the faces. One of the grill guys is a huge Zeppelin fan (had their icons tattooed along his forearm) and asked her, "Do you know who that is?". Shelly apparently did not. "That's Robert Plant and Patty Griffin". Imagine that. I guess Robert Plant has (or had) a home here in Austin and dined there from time to time.

Erik
    Yep, Plant has a place in Austin.

Posted outside your home, Erik? LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Padilla View Post
    Posted outside your home, Erik? LOL!
    Hahaha, no but it could be.

Erik

gtlo1.jpg
    Here we are before the band started playing.

gtlo2.jpg
    I think this was during "No Quarter."