Thread: Another trip to Aldis...

Another trip to Aldis...

And something else to test out....Yes, made in China, but then tested in Germany.
    three pack.jpg
    A three pack of saws...on sale for $6.99 + Tax.

package's back.jpg
    Came with a 3 year warranty, even. I figure at least they would be good enough to toss in the travel tool kit, to work outside of the shop. Afraid the Drywall saw is a touch too late, already done with that job.
    The 20" crosscut seems to be about right for either the tool box, or as a panel saw for rough work. Haven't even taken the teeth protector off, yet. Impulse hardened triangular teeth.
    Backsaw is a hair under 12" long. Same teeth. tried it out on some scrap pine....cuts a bit fast.

For the $7 and change, not out all that much....we will see how they hold up.

The Company name and address is from Germany. "Ovibell GmhB &Co. KG" Steinshoffweg 2 D-45479 Mulheim an der Ruhr 2016

At the least, it can save my better saws some work. handle does have a "Vpa" Tested & certified in Germany stamp. We'll see how it goes....

So far? The back saw cuts very fast, but a little rough in pine. Will see later today about the panel saw. They seem to be more for Carpenters, than Cabinetmakers. That's fine, as it will save wear and tear on my better saws.

Still....might set up a test of sorts later today......puppy sitting right now..

Back saw has a new home..
    GEM mitre saw.jpg
    It is now a dedicated saw for the GEM Mitrebox. My "traveling mitresaw"
    As for the "panel saw"?
    crosscut 1.jpg
    As long as the saw's operator can follow a straight line, this saws fast and straight. No wobble. However, the teeth are way too fine for another type of work...
    rip cut.jpg
    Rip cuts? I'd be there all day doing this one cut. Teeth are way too fine. There isn't any drifting, though. Needed teeth more like this saw has...
    rip saw.jpg
    5-1/2ppi. Challenger 6-1/2 Keystone, by Disston. I need to stone the left side of these teeth, saw tends to drift to the left.

So, the panel saw from Aldis is a decent enough crosscut saw. Jobsite or DIY type of jobs. At the very least, it will save wear& tear on my better saws. Handles are actually comfy, but you might want to wear a glove to avoid a blister.