Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Barber Shop...Do You Use a Real Barber?

Quote Originally Posted by Allan Speers View Post
    I just shave it all off with my Bosch oscillating tool.

Hardcore!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Al Launier View Post
    I applaud those of you who cut your own hair, but how do you cut behind your head? Even if you used a mirror I think that would be very awkward. Do you hold a mirror in one hand while looking into the vanity mirror? Are some electric razors designed specifically for this? I would think you might be prone to "unsightly errors".
    Mine's a buzzcut--shortest possible cut my clippers can do, so it's all by feel, with a double-check after the post-cut shower. Even a slight miss is obvious by feel at that point.
    Jason

"Don't get stuck on stupid." --Lt. Gen. Russel Honore

My Wife and I use the same Man/Wife barbers. They do a great job, and are reasonably priced.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Quote Originally Posted by Al Launier View Post
    I applaud those of you who cut your own hair, but how do you cut behind your head? Even if you used a mirror I think that would be very awkward. Do you hold a mirror in one hand while looking into the vanity mirror? Are some electric razors designed specifically for this? I would think you might be prone to "unsightly errors".
    Some of us don't have as much to worry about with our looks as you have. A few of us don't have much at all to worry about concerning our looks; we're past our prime for looks. I'm in that category.

My wife switched to a different beauty salon and indicated her hair is lighter than normal. I might be arriving from Arnfest to a blonde wife.

My wife's hair is a lot 'lighter' than it was 52 years ago. I seem to be a lot more 'blond' than I used to be too.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.