Thread: Made anything lately?

Made anything lately?

Build threads are my favorite. Don't have much to offer, though did manage to cobble together a saw till over the summer out of styrofoam white wood leftovers.

Mock up and assembly:

IMG_0007.jpg

IMG_0071.jpg
    IMG_0070.jpg
    IMG_0006.jpg

And on the wall.

IMG_0591.jpg
    Added a simple plywood box below for planes and it now holds a nice bit; all but the jointer and jack:
    IMG_0590.jpg

Best,
    Chris

Blog Entries
    Nice work!
    Bumbling forward into the unknown.

You've done a great job with styrofoam. Looks very good!

Thanks gentlemen. Hopefully others will be inspired to share recent small projects
    "You can observe a lot just by watching."
    --Yogi Berra

Great job!

Blog Entries
    Very nice Chris!

Build threads are also my favorite and I appreciate you taking the time to post some pictures of your Saw till. Shop furniture is always a fun project – a chance to do something fun, perhaps try something new without having to sweat the details too much.

As you slide down the slippery hand tool slope continues, I wouldn't be surprised if you are thinking about building another one in the not-too-distant future! I'm sure your self-discipline is better than mine, but I think all Neanders are helpless against the universal law that the number of hand tools always expands to exceed available storage. That's coming from someone who has "built the last saw till I'll ever need", three different times.

Cheers, Mike

Thanks Mike--looks good as long as one doesn't look too close. Working with the cheap pine made me hungry to get back to some decent wood, but was also a good exercise after a spell out of the shop.

I need to get the panel saws sharpened before the herd can start to grow. That said, I did just have to make a new chisel rack, so you have likely accurately predicted the future...as I've said to my wife about my wood collection: "honey, I don't have a wood problem, I merely have a storage problem..."
    "You can observe a lot just by watching."
    --Yogi Berra