Thread: Felder rip fence

Felder rip fence

Hi guys, Im adjusting my K700 sliding table saw and I now have to adjust the toe out of the rip saw, any tips or ideas on how to make this easier on me?

i don't toe mine out my minimax was toed out on the slider and rip fence it was madness both are now parallel and every thing is so much better.

I have a much smaller machine (Hammer B3), when I adjusted mine, the toe out of the slider was 0.003" out and 0.002" out on the fence.

I set up a dial indicator on the slider and indicated against the same spot on the blade (important, the blade needs to be up at it's highest and the biggest the saw would take and you rotate it to always measure at the same spot, eliminating runout error of the blade). I would then move the slider back and forth and measure on the blade, aligning the slider to obtain .003" more at the back than the front.

For the fence, I simply used the same setup and brought the fence right next to the blade and would indicate in front and behind the blade. The idea was that the offsets are additive so that behind the blade I had .005" more than in front.

I'm not sure if it's clear but it should give you an idea.

I toed the fence out a couple of thou maximum.

You can use a wood block and feeler gauge.

Mark a tooth on the blade with a felt pen, raise the blade to maximum elevation and adjust the fence so there's minimum clearance to the tooth at the front of the blade. Rotate the blade so the tooth is at the back, measure the gap between the block and the blade with the feeler gauge.

Regards, Rod.

Get a one way gauge, http://www.woodcraft.com/product/126...lti-gauge.aspx

Check the following link from David Best who wrote the Unofficial Survival Guide for Felder Slider.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/davidp...57662870770162