Thread: Storing your Saw Shark Guard accessories

Storing your Saw Shark Guard accessories

I just purchased one of the Shark Guards from Lee Styron for my General 350 Table Saw. I really love this thing. It comes with 3 splitters and the guard. I was looking for creative ways to store the guard and all of the various splitters, can anyone share any ideas?

Thanks,

Eric

I store my guard on top of the riving knife :-)

It's almost never removed so I don't have to store it.

My other thickness riving knife hangs on the pegboard, I've never used it..............Regards, Rod.

I have a little roll around cabinet with a couple of drawers that sits under the left wing of my saw, it holds all of my accessories for the saw from miter gauge to splitter inserts and zero clearance throat plates.
    A couple of well placed rare earth magnets help too.

Eric,
    I don't know about you, but if I don't make a point to put stuff like this all in one place together, I WILL LOSE IT and spend hours trying to find it in the shop.
    I use a lot of the rare earth magnets/cups from Lee Valley for metal items like this.
    http://www.leevalley.com/US/wood/pag...=1,42363,42348

Jim
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Ewell View Post
    I have a little roll around cabinet with a couple of drawers that sits under the left wing of my saw, it holds all of my accessories for the saw from miter gauge to splitter inserts and zero clearance throat plates.
    A couple of well placed rare earth magnets help too.
    Perfect Jim, I didn't think about using rare earth magnets. Lee has started making the splitters out of brushed stainless, I assume a rare earth magnet will work on them. I don't really leave the guard on the saw when it is in storage because I cover it with an waxed canvas cover. I'll try the magnets and see how they work.

Thank you,

Eric

That is a cool way to store splitters and assessories (with magnets).

Similar idea...I use magnets but I put them on the inside of the cabinet of my saw. That's where I keep the tools needed for swapping blades, extra riving knifes, etc.
    Dave

O.K. back to square one...Lee's newest splitters are brushed stainless as I mentioned above. They are not magnetic at all. So I am back to looking for more storage options!

Blog Entries
    Finishing nail in the wall next to the saw. Each piece has a hole for that purpose. They will all fit on one nail, including the main splitter assembly when you can't use the guard. Then I hang the guard itself, trailing the hose, from the joist above using a plumber's pipe support spiked loop.
    NOW you tell me...

Quote Originally Posted by Ole Anderson View Post
    Finishing nail in the wall next to the saw. Each piece has a hole for that purpose. They will all fit on one nail, including the main splitter assembly when you can't use the guard. Then I hang the guard itself, trailing the hose, from the joist above using a plumber's pipe support spiked loop.
    Thanks! Mine didn't have the holes drilled in them from Lee, but I can just as easily drill them myself. I saw on Jim Tobias's photos above he has holes drill in his just behind where the splitter bolts to the saw. This looks like a good place to add them.

Thank you!