Thread: Laser tube

Laser tube

My laser tube won't leave a mark on mirror #1 and i can see a burn mark on the tube aperture (i guess that is what it's called) can someone tell if the tube is dead? Attached is a picture of the tube.

Thanks in advance

gweike 60w
    Attached Images Attached Images

Burn mark is normal but the glass looks broken in that picture
    You did what !

Thanks for your response Dave, I will look more closely for a crack

Just looked closer on my pc, that's the wire I was looking at not a crack. Impossible to say what the problem is without a lot more information...it's like somebody going to a doctor with a sniffle...it could be a cold or plague or likely 100 or so other things
    You did what !

The tube won't make a burn mark on mirror #1 but when i fire the laser the tube glows bright purple like i think it should and the mA meter shows 20. I put a large piece of cardboard right in front of the tube outlet port but still no burn mark to be found. An orange light glows on the power supply when lid is shut and when I fire the laser i can see a red light blink then go off, so I suppose the power supply is good. Just don't know what else to look for. I have read that sometimes you have to keep pressing the laser button to get a good burn mark but this doesn't work.

What started this whole event ?? Did you hear a popping sound ?? Did it randomly stop working ??
    We had a tube break last year and you could hear a popping sound and it wouldn't shoot a beam.
    Is it still under warranty? Customer support available?
    3X Camfive 1200 48" x 24" 100watt Tube
    Zcorp 450 3d Printer
    Laguna Smartshop 2 - 4x8 ATC

If you are getting a residual current of 20mA then the PSU sounds good, the plasma seems to be forming (the purple light in the tube) but it is likely the tube is just knackered (the gas mix is in effect worn out)
    You did what !