Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Grizzly Machines used in this

Wow, beautiful wood. Your daughter must be thrilled.

Lucky daughter. That is simply beautiful.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

Blog Entries
    Now that is a truly inspirational piece. Both simple and stunning!

Very nice looking work.
    Chuck Taylor

Wow. That piece is absolutely gorgeous.

Larry

You're not letting your daughter sit on that are you? But then again, oil finish on wood and MOP are the ultimate "solid surface" so resanding scratches then re-oiling is cake. I had an imported pallet made of Bubinga. Used some on my boat. Rope mottle grain is awesome on that bench! How much do you pay for your abalone? Ive seen prices all over the board - from 100 to 400 bucks per 5 x 9. Guess it depends on the grade.
    john.blazy_dichrolam_llc
    Delta Unisaw, Rabbit QX-80-1290 80W Laser, 5 x 12 ft laminating ovens, Powermax 22/44, Accuspray guns, Covington diamond lap and the usual assortment of cool toys / tools.

7. Thanks!

You know how today's kids are. She said "its nice, thanks" and started talking to my wife about something else. I said "I am going to bypass a generation and am giving this to your daughter instead". Granddaughter is 2. I suppose she will get it someday, anyway.

I have a bunch of Abalone sheets that I had put away years ago. Same with the figured Bubinga. I have a bunch of it as well as other exotic woods that I just bought for the sake of buying because it was figured. I have some that has the most incredible figure you can get. I tried buying some more, but seems like the secret's out and prices have gone through the roof, and is very scarce.

Here's a sample of the really intense stuff. Those cabinets are here at Grizzly. I did not make them, but supplied the wood for it.

Shiraz, thank you for starting this thread. The wood figure and craftsmanship on that bench are both extraordinary! Those kitchen cabinets are well done too. Most likely your daughter will better appreciate the gift over time; at least that's the way it is sometimes with gifts that I present to my wife (although she did really seem to like the Sig that I gave her for Christmas last year - go figure!)

One of the nice things about your equipment is that they work well for a long time! I've yet to have any unscheduled maintenance on any of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiraz Balolia View Post
    I think I'll take a stroll through the showroom tomorrow
    Sorry, but I envision Rodney Dangerfield in Caddyshack as Al Czervik going "I'll take one of those, two of those, one of those... I'll bet with this hat you get a free bowl of soup."

Awesome bench. That figure just glows.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiraz Balolia View Post
    Thanks!

You know how today's kids are. She said "its nice, thanks" and started talking to my wife about something else. I said "I am going to bypass a generation and am giving this to your daughter instead". Granddaughter is 2. I suppose she will get it someday, anyway.
    I sometimes get the same reaction. It's sad that the younger generations have no idea how things are made or what goes into making them. They just know they can get them in two days from Amazon.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

That is one amazing bench! Thanks for sharing.

By the way, just becaasue "somone" decided to discontinue production on a tool doesn't mean you need to replace it.

(Ducking and running now...)
    Gary

Absolutely beautiful, thanks for sharing!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Blue View Post
    That is a pretty amazing piece of work. It is good to see that the owner of Grizzly knows how to use his machines and can create works of art like this. I would venture to say few if any other CEO's of the the competitors could create even a basic bench let alone one that could be among the finest furniture anywhere. Thanks for sharing this with us. It is a beautiful creation and your daughter will be proud to have it I am sure.
    I'm thinking the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by John McClanahan View Post
    I'm thinking the same thing.
    Ditto. Stunning work. Though I guess I am lucky having all my children appreciate the things I make for them and for my grandchildren.
    Take off a full blade, nope, too long, now take off 1/2 blade, nope, too long, now take off 1/4 blade - How the H--- can it be 1/4" short????

Thanks for sharing. Great bench.
    Mark McFarlane