Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pants?

I have Carharts and no complaints but lately, the 5.11 tactical pants are what I find myself wearing for shop/yard work.

Erik

Nobody likes Wranglers? Not Brett Farve's, but these https://shopping.yahoo.com/759759571...ngler?bfr=50.0 This is all I wear and on the ranch they get a lot of hard wear.... I also like the fact that I can get "non-square-pants" i.e. 34x34 instead of the 31x34 which is what I normally wear.
    Last edited by Jesse Busenitz; 10-01-2016 at 9:43 PM.
    Only one life will soon be past
    Only whats done for Christ will last

I got away from jeans (any brand) for yard/shop work for the lack of pockets. You can put phones, gear, etc. in the Carhartts or the 5.11's. Just what works for me.

Erik

Hmmmm, maybe its time I branch out from my Levi 501s! I've worn nothing but Levis since high school and so I honestly don't know if they are any better/worse than anything else out there.
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

I actually wear the same pair(s) of nylon shorts I have had for the last 20 years for pratically everything. Bear in mind, I have very little feeling in my legs, so I can wear shorts in any weather (even snow) with little discomfort. Of course it rarely gets less than -5C here. But it's a damp cold. :-)
    Last edited by paul cottingham; 10-02-2016 at 11:16 PM.
    Paul

Wow! Thanks for all the responses, this is exactly what i was looking for. I will probably start with one cheaper pair and one more expensive from this list. Thanks!

All you carhartt fans should give Arborwear a look. Very nice and durable high quality pant. My favorite features over carhartts are the double lined heal (my carhartts ALWAYS fell apart there and I had fabric strands at my heals), double lined at the tape measure spot in the pocket, deep pockets that hold a lot, and many pockets (8 on my arbenters) & a hammer loop.

They are however made in Mexico, but based on an article I found online it's because of quality &a material reasons.