Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: trouble loading photos

trouble loading photos

I have tried to upload photos last night and again tonight. No luck - get error message. Any others having this problem?

It is working normally for me. What is the message?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Alan, I'm not a moderator on this forum but more info might help solve the problem. Sometimes a detail can make the reason for a problem obvious!

For example, did photo uploads work in the past using the same method? Can you upload the same photo to an album here?

You might make post a step-by-step list of exactly what you try and what you click as well as info about the image such as type (jpg?), image size, file size, and location of the file. JKJ

Blog Entries
    I've had that happen sometimes when photo files are very large the system at SMC will not accept them. Try reducing your photo file size about 25% and try uploading again.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

I resized the photos before I tried to upload them (120 kb jpg). I was attempting to post them on a thread I had already posted several photos on.

I am getting a pop up that says:

www.sawmillcreek.org says:
    The following errors occured:
    "photo name.jpg" Upload of file failed.

Tried to upload to this post and same message received.

Alan,

Reduce the picture to 800 by 600 which should get you under the 107 kb limit.

It's too bad that the pop up noticed doesn't tell us the picture is too big. If we knew that, we could fix them, rather than than tearing our computer apart trying to fix something that isn't broken!!
    Funny, I don't remember being absent minded...

Blog Entries
    Some resize or edit apps change your .jpg to a .png. I ran into that problem.
    I've uploaded much bigger pics than 107Kb.

More to the story...

There must be something else going on. Is a larger image upload a benefit of contributor status?

I tried uploading an image bigger than 107kb.

This photo was 276k:

beach_P0002228.jpg

This was over one MB: 1027k.

IMG_4063_s.jpg

I notice the upload process apparently resized the image to make the displayed dimensions smaller AND reduced the file size to 122K as judged by downloading the image from SMC back to my computer. These are clues, but only the Shadow knows what is really going on...

JKJ

Blog Entries
    The upload process does resize your photo files, but on occasion it will not process really large files (3 mb+). It may be related to upload speed or possibly something else. When it happens, I just resize my file and try again. the 107 KB size is ideal, but not essential to get you photo uploaded.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

68 KB failed to upload.

Here's an attempt to load a jpg at 68 KB. FAILED again!

In the recent past I have uploaded photos in the +200 KB range and that worked fine. But all of sudden, nothing works.

Must be something wrong on my end. I will keep digging I guess.

Alan, I sent you a PM

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by John K Jordan View Post
    There must be something else going on. Is a larger image upload a benefit of contributor status?

. . . . .
    JKJ
    Evidently not!

got offers of help from a couple of you, thanks, much appreciated.

Alan, I got your photo and it uploads as expected.
    This post has detailed instructions on uploading photos to SMC. http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...s-of-June-2011
    If all else fails, you can email the photos to me along with a link to your post and I will add them for you.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Andy Rooney