Thread: Perpetual trophy

Perpetual trophy

It's been a while since I've posted here. I thought I'd share my latest creation.

The IT department where I work is starting up regular contests (chili cook-off, salsa cook-off, etc.) and wanted to have a perpetual trophy that will rotate around the office. They requested that I build the trophy. There are going to be 6 different contests each year, each contest winner will get an engraved plate with name, date and contest. I got pretty lucky and was able to find plexi-glass in the right colors to duplicate the company logo for the top. This is cherry with curly maple.

IMG_1845.JPGIMG_1848.JPG

A nice gloss finish really helps pop the curl.

IMG_1847.JPG

Since I don't have enough room in my shop for a lathe, I had to get a little creative with jigs and my router table.

jig.JPG

I had fun and learned a few things in the process. Hope you enjoy. All comments welcome.
    Mark

Brilliant use of the router table and jig! And the trophy looks great.

I hope they paid you for your work! To big IT companies 5 grand is nothin! They pay more than that for coffee each quarter. Next year, capitalize!

Very nice...and great idea to mill it using the router table to hog off the material!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...