Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Another shop project?

I usually try to remove the glare from the shiny stuff. Rather limited as to how much the camera can do. I did clean the lens off....I wonder where all that dust came from....

More glue-ups today..
    holder #2 glue up.jpg
    Second holder has been trimmed out. Pinned and glued the outside trim in place. the pipe clamp beside it?
    holders 3 and 4.jpg
    Holder blanks # 3 and # 4. 3/4" thick stock. A bit of resaw work, and other cuts, to get these to roughly the size I want. When #3 is done, #4 takes it's place. I will need to sand the #2 holder a bit, after the glue dries. Have to match holder #1..
    IMAG0003.jpg
    Considering this will be the bottom of the bit box. Still have just enough side stock for the last two holders..
    outside pieces.jpg
    I also need to do a lid. Box is starting to look almost like a R. Jennings style? Or, an Irwin. Maybe a nice coat or three of the Infamous Witch's Brew?

I always look into any ongoing work that comes out of your shop and am fascinated by the apparent, glorious "mess" revealed in the background/underfoot/overhead/etc The German portion of my blood cries out Oh Igor, wherefore art thou? I rarely comment on your work unless I have a specific technique question, but am very interested in your projects. Please keep dragging yourself out to the Dungeon and Ibuprofen helps my knees. don't never stop.
    David

Well, went back down to the shop tonight, removed both items from the clamps.....and glued up the next item needed.

Then,,,LOTS of sanding. Due to the pins I used, I didn't want to risk the planes. Got both holders to FINALLY match each other...
    hinged up.jpg
    And went ahead and hinged them up. Needed a few toys...er..tools for that..
    toys.jpg
    The Kobalt was to open a package of hinges. Used a nail to make pilot holes. Square to make sure both hinges were in the same line. Small screwdriver for those very small screws.
    test fits.jpg
    The next glue up. Behind that is where I was test fitting the #3 holder's parts. Had to square the ends, and narrow the width a bit. Work in progress. Now, about Igor.....
    floor.jpg
    Well...at least he brought the broom back. Now, IF I can just get him to actually USE it for something besides transportation...

Blog Entries
    I have been storing chisels in fabric or leather tool rolls, then storing the rolls in drawers or on shelves. The rolls can be carried to the work where ever it may be. I was planing to use a similar system for drill bits, so this thread is interesting. I have also been thinking about mobile drawers, boxes. I might lift the idea of making individual round storing spots for each bit. Keep us posted concerning how you like using the new storage areas for your bits.

This thread was getting a bit long to read. Started a new one, as the updates thread. Thanks for muddling along with this thread, see you all up at the new one.

Now, IF I can just fet a day or three IN the shop? Been playing Hooky too much. No surgery for the knee, just pills. I even turned down the cortizone shots, as they are not a fix. Just Uncle Arthur tearing up the underside of the kneecaps.

Thanks again.

Neat little project!