Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mickey Mouse & Shop Watch Give Away

Mickey Mouse & Shop Watch Give Away

I have given away watches in the past and have more that need to go. Actually, the collection ended up way out of hand and this is a reduction effort. These have no real value but some of you who want a watch or know someone who could use one can have them. Please be an SMC inhabitant who has been here for a while and regularly posted who wants a watch or knows someone who can use one.

Both Seiko watches house quartz movements, are about 34.5mm wide not including the crown and are about 5.5mm thick. They require a 321 battery (new ones installed today). They also have new straps (bands).

The first one is the original limited edition Seiko Mickey Mouse watch. It is 190/5000. It has slight crystal scratching by the 1 o'clock position.

3.jpg 4.jpg

The second Seiko is a "Nifty Fifties" model and is # 871/3500. It has a slight smudge to the dial at the one o'clock position.

1.jpg 2.jpg

The last watch today is a very old hand-wind Gruen Precision well abused in the shop. It just won't stop working. It's a trick to wind since the crown is small, but it works. It has a scratched crystal (they were plastic back then), but works incredibly well. It's on a Spidel band. It's about 34mm wide (not including the crown), and 10.5mm thick. The two pictures aren't identical. Look at the second hand to see the difference. It works very well.

5.jpg 6.jpg

The only thing I need is a PM indicating which one you would like and an address. You might also comment in the thread. There are more watches to come, but today I only had two batteries and three boxes.

Rich

Hi Rich, I would appreciate one of the Mickey Mouse watches if available.

regards, Rod.

Rod,

I would be happy to send you one. Will you PM your e-mail address?

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Sheridan View Post
    Hi Rich, I would appreciate one of the Mickey Mouse watches if available.

regards, Rod.

I just LOVE "real" clocks & watches, I wouldn't mind taking that Gruen off your hands!

Sending a PM...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Gruen and one Mickey are taken. When Rod writes back, I will let folks know which one is still available.

Hi Rich I'd love the last one if its still available
    funny we are almost identical in posts and time on board
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Bert, you can have the last one. I will post more watches tomorrow when I dig them out of storage. Thanks folks.

Rich,

I haven't worn a watch for about six years. My last one broke and I just never replaced it. However, if you have a Mickey watch of some kind, that I would wear. If not, that if fine. Incredibly nice that you are giving these away.

Mark,

I will post some photos later this morning of the other watches so people can see. One of them is yours.

Rich

Good morning, Rich
    As a fan of nice watches, I would like to get on the list for one of the MM pieces, if you still have any. If not, thanks anyway. You are very generous and kind.

Here is a picture of the final two Mickey Mouse watches. Both Seiko watches house quartz movements, are about 34.5mm wide not including the crown and are about 5.5mm thick. They require a 321 battery (new ones installed today). They also have new straps (bands). Today's first is Steamboat Willie, and Rod chose this one in a PM earlier. It has a serial number of 146/5000

Steamboat.jpg

The second is "Thru the Mirror" and it has a serial number of 1106/5000.

Mirror.jpg

Michael Dye spoke up for the last Mickey Mouse. If you folks would provide your choice and address prior to 11:15 today, they can go out in today's mail. If not, they go out when you offer one.

1. Rod has Seamboat Willie.
    2. Kevin has the Gruen
    3. Bert picks his Mickey Mouse
    4. Mark picks his Mickey Mouse
    5. Michael gets the last Mickey Mouse

I am awaiting batteries on other watches. That may be fast, or not..... They will get posted when available.

Rich, I would love the Thru the Mirror watch as the Steamboat Willie is gone. I will shoot you a PM.
    Last edited by Mark Blatter; 10-12-2016 at 10:34 AM.

I am having a senior moment. I do NOT have a Steamboat Willie. The other one is Symphony Hour. So Rod will have to start the process. It's embarrassing to say how long I looked for the Steamboat Willie to realize I only had four of them and that wasn't one of them.

Steamboat Willie!??!

That would've been cool! I own 4 boats, and he's usually my avatar or in my signature!

But no worries, I can't wait to pull the back off that Gruen and see if my watch guys can fab a glass back for it!
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    Steamboat Willie!??!

That would've been cool! I own 4 boats, and he's usually my avatar or in my signature!

But no worries, I can't wait to pull the back off that Gruen and see if my watch guys can fab a glass back for it!
    Kev, you might want to put a new crown on that one. I wore that watch everywhere for years and it's great, but the crown is too small. The crystal should be an easy find.