Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: RTIC Mug Lasering

Thanks for posting the picture, Tim.
    700mm x 500mm Ke Hui KH-7050 Laser
    80W EFR F2
    S&A CW5000 chiller
    Chuck style of rotary attachment

2. Quote Originally Posted by Tim Bateson View Post
    This isn't a great example due to the over thickness of this powder-coating, but you get the idea. This one used 4 different gray levels.

Attachment 372386
    Any ideas on how to get this logo to look right on a powder coated cup with the 2 colors overlapping just he green S with the white sperry. I have a few customers that want powder coated cups but the logos overlap
    Thanks in advance

Make the SPERRY solid black, then make the S about 40% black and make it halftone the S.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Shepherd View Post
    Make the SPERRY solid black, then make the S about 40% black and make it halftone the S.
    These will be done on a teal green powder coated cups so the stainless is all that will show up

Quote Originally Posted by mitch stephens View Post
    These will be done on a teal green powder coated cups so the stainless is all that will show up
    I assumed they were on colored cups. The method I posted is how I'd start. You might adjust it to 50 or 60% black if you find it looks better, but I'd probably stay down low to leave more of the cup color.
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Scott Shepherd View Post
    I assumed they were on colored cups. The method I posted is how I'd start. You might adjust it to 50 or 60% black if you find it looks better, but I'd probably stay down low to leave more of the cup color.
    I am still learning this an still do not know how to achieve what you are talking about. When the powder coat burns off their is only stainless shown underneath.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mitch stephens View Post
    I am still learning this an still do not know how to achieve what you are talking about. When the powder coat burns off their is only stainless shown underneath.
    Thanks
    See the dot pattern that is around Tim's eagle? That's halftoning. It's not solid black. When you have something solid black, the machine spaces the dots close enough together to remove the powder coating. When you halftone it (by making it gray on some laser drivers, or by manually halftoning it in CorelDraw), then it spaces the dots far enough apart that it doesn't remove all the powdercoating, giving you a different look to your eyes. Look at Tim's photo of the Eagle, you'll see it. That's probably too light for you, but if you make the dots closer together than you'd have that. The other option is to put a white outline on the SPERRY text and have that white line not engrave, splitting the two different objects visually.

8. Thanks I will try an figure out how to do that