Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'll buy it tomorrow. Just in case.

Nice call on the 2 ton. The "rated" versus "actual" once you get the arm fully extended for the bigger stuff or longer reach makes it well worth while. Its pulled my bacon out of the fire a few times (if by bacon you mean large piece of iron and fire the truck/trailer..).

Quote Originally Posted by John K Jordan View Post
    For some reason alpacas are notoriously anti-yoke. A llama, maybe. I know three friends all named Susan who drive carts pulled by llamas.

JKJ
    Yeah everyone knows that alpacas don't yoke around but the llamas are always laughing.

Brian, on Fri, Sat and Sun Harbor Fright is having a parking lot sale which includes the foldable 2 ton shop crane/engine hoist. Its price is under 170.

I don't have any financial or pecuniary interest in them and I'm not promoting them. I'm just passing this info along to Brian should it be of interest in his buying decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Brice Rogers View Post
    Brian, on Fri, Sat and Sun Harbor Fright is having a parking lot sale which includes the foldable 2 ton shop crane/engine hoist. Its price is under 170.

I don't have any financial or pecuniary interest in them and I'm not promoting them. I'm just passing this info along to Brian should it be of interest in his buying decision.
    Thank you Brice. I am a member of their club, whatever they call it, so they gave me that price today.
    Veni Vidi Vendi Vente! I came, I saw, I bought a large coffee!

I have had the 2 ton for around 5 years have not had a lick of trouble outta it( it is stored inside). I should have told you about looking at a load leveler they can be real handy also, they are not costly either. You could make one but they are cheap enough why would you. Have fun

Went back to Harbor Freight this morning because it had 2 of those big ram pistons and no nuts and bolts. Now I tried to set it up and there are no nuts and bolts for 4 of the casters. Hello Home Depot.

Got the bolts. 1/2 were wrong size. Back to home depot. Got the right bolts.
    Next step. Apparently the lift includes 2 different stages of development of the tool. The holes in the base are spaced differently than the holes in the arm. Yes, I have a drill press. No, I do not have a 5/8" drill bit for metal. Back to Harbor Freight tomorrow.

Meanwhile, I don't think anybody can steal this:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Brian I have the 2 ton model as well and have used it for many things other than removing an engine from a Hot Rod. I actually folded mine backup and put in back in the boxes for storage.
    I may not have it all together, but together we have it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Kent View Post
    Meanwhile, I don't think anybody can steal this:
    Nice Brian I just got the same one two weeks ago. I did not have a hoist though. Just two of us lifted it in pieces. . Wish I had got to HF first.

And now two of the main holes don't line up. Oh well, didn't want to get to that other box.

11. Congrats on the G0800, Brian! Make sure you give us a review! Happy for you, but color me a little Grizzly green...er, uh, I mean Grizzly Black! What a beast!
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Kent View Post
    Got the bolts. 1/2 were wrong size. Back to home depot. Got the right bolts.
    Next step. Apparently the lift includes 2 different stages of development of the tool. The holes in the base are spaced differently than the holes in the arm. Yes, I have a drill press. No, I do not have a 5/8" drill bit for metal. Back to Harbor Freight tomorrow.
    Mine came in two completely different colors, but at least the holes lined up. You must have caught the product cycle just completely wrong or I'm wondering if you maybe got some parts from a 1t and some from a 2t? Could happen...

Congrats on the new toy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Mooney View Post
    Mine came in two completely different colors, but at least the holes lined up. You must have caught the product cycle just completely wrong or I'm wondering if you maybe got some parts from a 1t and some from a 2t? Could happen...

Congrats on the new toy.
    I think they may have re-labeled or mis-labeled the 1 ton as a 2 ton at the factory.

Ah Ha ulterior motives I see. CONGRATS on the G0800 Brian! Can`t wait to see her in action.
    I may not have it all together, but together we have it all.

The lift is huge. I am so glad I got the lift. My back is tired from assembling the lift (which weighs 168 lbs )and did not try to assemble the lathe (800 lbs) without the lift. I am sitting down now ��. Can someone say "Yay lift" for me. Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Brian Kent; 10-16-2016 at 9:37 PM.