Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: logging in ???

logging in ???

I am new to this site but I don't understand why I have to go through the log in process two to three times by entering the same thing over and over and over, whats going on here???

My guess is that you are entering either your user name or password incorrectly.
    George

Making sawdust regularly, occasionally a project is completed.

If it isn’t saying that you entered something incorrectly, it’s likely that you’re not allowing the site to set a cookie showing that you’re logged in.

When you log in, be sure "Remember me" is checked and as Thomas pointed out your software is set up to allow cookies to be stored.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bank View Post
    If it isn’t saying that you entered something incorrectly, it’s likely that you’re not allowing the site to set a cookie showing that you’re logged in.
    It did say I was entering incorrectly but I wasn't, I was very careful in pushing one letter at a time and I did that three different times so Not an error on my part. So far today every thing is going good.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    When you log in, be sure "Remember me" is checked and as Thomas pointed out your software is set up to allow cookies to be stored.
    I never use the "Remember me" box. And as far as Cookies I don't use them I am Diabetic!

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    This problem still exist even when using the " Remember Me" button. Last nite and in the morning again haven to type in for a second and third time. there is a problem here and I would like someone with a little bit more of a brain to look into this. I am NOT being difficult here I just think it would be great if all you had to do is type in your Log In info once.
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 10-16-2016 at 1:27 PM.

Mikie,

If you have you computer software set up to accept cookies, it shouldn't do that.

I click on a shortcut button on my computer's desktop. The button is labeled "SawMillCreek". It takes me to SawMillCreek and automatically logs me in. I never use the logout button on SMC. I never have to enter anything EXCEPT....

Whenever I leave town on a trip, I log out at SMC. Then when I return, I have to login 1 time using my password. After that it's just a matter of clicking on the shortcut on my desktop.

Are you logging out each time you leave SMC?
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by mikie gordon View Post
    there is a problem here and I would like someone with a little bit more of a brain to look into this. I am NOT being an a$$ here I just think it would be great if all you had to do is type in your Log In info once.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikie gordon View Post
    I never use the "Remember me" box. And as far as Cookies I don't use them I am Diabetic!
    Well, you weren’t exactly being helpful...

Do you have your browser set to accept cookies from SMC? SMC sets a cookie if you have the “remember me” checkbox checked. With the cookie, it should remember your password. Also, some browsers will clear cookies when you close the browser, so you have to make sure that it remembers cookies from session to session.

Yes always log in and always log out. that is what I do for any site that I go into I never leave the site I have gone into OPEN "for a better word". And when I log out I also Clear My History in between or when I shut down my computer. *** It is still giving me I have entered a invalid user or pass word this time (4) four times today. I belong to many sites Forums and this one takes the CAKE X's 10. Whats going on here???????????????????????

Mike,

It appears you are the only one experiencing this problem which would lead one to believe the problem is most likely at your end.

Have a good day!
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bank View Post
    Well, you weren’t exactly being helpful...

Do you have your browser set to accept cookies from SMC? SMC sets a cookie if you have the “remember me” checkbox checked. With the cookie, it should remember your password. Also, some browsers will clear cookies when you close the browser, so you have to make sure that it remembers cookies from session to session.
    You know what as for my Browser goes it has No problem with any other sites or forums. Any where I go I have sites/places in my Favorites or Bookmarks, one click and I am at a site and if it needs a Login & Pass Word I enter my info and if I want to maneuver around in that site going back and forth for what ever reason then I use the "Remember Me" button, for all other sites No Problem this one NOT THE CASE HERE. I have a older DELL Computer that's a little Pumped for my usage and I am using Mozilla Firefox for a Browser like I said I have NO Problems any where else but here I do??????????????.

Remove your stored login info and any sawmillcreek cookies. Then try it again.
    No need to snipe at people when you're the only one having problems.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Blog Entries
    I had that same problem on our PC when I tried to get on SMC from my wife's user profile. It would show me as not logged in and when I did enter the correct log on information it would take me to an invalid user ID page. The problem was the address that was being used to get to SMC from my bookmark. I changed the bookmark to go to "http://www.sawmillcreek.org/forum.php" (without the quotation marks) and it has worked fine ever since.

What mikie gordon needs to do is delete his current bookmark and then copy and paste the address http://www.sawmillcreek.org/forum.php into his browser address line or just click on the link and when that page opens, he will find he is logged in and then he should create a new Sawmill Creek Bookmark.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Not sure if this is the same problem, but I'm also having to log in each time I visit the site. This problem just started recently (last week or so). I've always been able to use the "Remember Me" button and I don't have this issue with other sites that I frequent.