Thread: My second thought when I see storm-damage

My second thought when I see storm-damage

My first thought when I see downed trees, wind-blown messes is, "I hope everyone is OK!"

My second thought is, "I wonder if I could turn that tree trunk into a bowl.

Does that make me a bad person? (probably, but does it make me a REALLY bad person?)
    Veni Vidi Vendi Vente! I came, I saw, I bought a large coffee!

Sounds pretty normal to me

You're in good company, Brian.

Honestly I think we All have had that thought, after is everyone OK and how could I help.
    I may not have it all together, but together we have it all.

If it is a tree that has blown over and the roots are attached, then I want it. If it has broken and shattered, well, fire wood is always nice. Getting some heavy rain here too.... I really don't need any more wood...

robo hippy

Quote Originally Posted by Reed Gray View Post
    If it is a tree that has blown over and the roots are attached, then I want it. If it has broken and shattered, well, fire wood is always nice. Getting some heavy rain here too.... I really don't need any more wood...

robo hippy
    That's right. You are there in the big storm. Stay safe.
    Veni Vidi Vendi Vente! I came, I saw, I bought a large coffee!

We are kind of on the south/lower end of the front so most of the real stuff is up north. Lots of very stressed trees around from the drought though. Lots of much needed rain...

robo hippy

I heat my Wisconsin home with wood. About six weeks ago I was concerned that we might not have enough this winter so I scrambled through some rough gullies and took down a mature dead Ash, I busted my butt and hauled it up out of the ditch in sections, split it on site and stacked it. One week later we had a real drencher of 7" of rain in 3 hours. I lost 8 mature hardwoods on hillsides including a monster Sugar Maple that was close to 3' diameter at the base. I have more fire wood and bowl blanks than I ever had. Every cut with saw came with a question of "Heat or Turning?"

You can assist with the clean-up.....where's bad in that?