Thread: Camaster support issues?

Camaster support issues?

I've had my Stinger II for a few weeks and had my first issue with it last week. I got the issue resolved but had to do so on my own as Camaster support still has not returned my call for last week and all attempts to send an email through the site have proved fruitless. When I visited the factory with the sales rep Jim I was very assured that service was quick and responsive, have I missed a change in the company or am I just unlucky? Anyone else have support issues with them, curious?
    Trotec Speedy 400/80
    Camaster Stinger II CNC Router

I have heard others having the same problem. Jim always tell them to post in the camaster owners forum but that doesn't let anyone that is not a Camaster to try and help. There are a lot of very smart CNC owners that may have had the same problem. Part of the owners forum is to keep people from seeing any problems that come up. If you post your problem here and see if the smart folks here can help.

Scott, did you fill out a Tech Support request? My few interactions with Camaster support have always been handled quickly and efficiently.
    It does not appear that you have joined the Camheads forum. The forum is a great asset where you can get answers to almost any question 24/7. I highly recommend joining up.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by Jerome Stanek View Post
    I have heard others having the same problem. Jim always tell them to post in the camaster owners forum but that doesn't let anyone that is not a Camaster to try and help. There are a lot of very smart CNC owners that may have had the same problem. Part of the owners forum is to keep people from seeing any problems that come up. If you post your problem here and see if the smart folks here can help.
    Scott, My Email is mcgrew 636 at msn .com my cell is 803 518 2074 I am the moderator of the camheads.org forum and you will get help. I searched the CAMheads forum and tech pages and found no post in your name, that said you may have another moniker, if you go to the FAQ pages and follow the instructions i will get you owners forum access to what you need. so far you may have only been on the public sections.... Not sure when you purchased your machine yet the salesman you mention has been gone for some time. if you are trying to reach someone who is not there we can recity that. I am the Admin of the CAMheads forum i do this for us owners to keep and prevent misinformation from happining even from the trolls ! please contact me there is no reason you will not be helped, this is not CAMaster and the good news is with only one troll like Jerry it is an easy company to say that about !.

I now understand Scott was helped yesterday and his emails were not getting through, CAMaster is a company that ignores NO one, if any owner feels they are not getting a response there are multiple ways to find out why. No one is unlucky with a CAMaster !!

on the issue of getting help with a warranty machine, the question one should ask themselves is do i wanna take my Corvette to a Yugo dealership for service and tech ?

JIM MCGREW 803 518 2074

Scott,

CAMaster support is excellent, that's been my experience in the past. I don't know why you were having problems but CAMaster has generally been real quick to answer my questions, I normally call them on the phone and ask for Luke. They also have a great user forum loaded with experienced CNC operators/owners.

Its pretty rare for me to post on the CAMaster Forum, normally when I need help time is a critical factor so I call Luke, he is a great guy and has been able to resolve any problem I have had, software or hardware, in just a few minutes.

The private forums on the CAMaster site are for owners. This provides owners a private space to discuss any issues, techniques or to make suggestions outside of the public view. Often CNC owners are experimenting with new techniques and the conversation is best done behind the scenes to protect their ideas. We have non-public forums here that we use for this purpose among others.
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 10-18-2016 at 9:01 AM.

Thanks all for the posts, yesterday I was able to get a call answered and as it turned out the initial call was just overlooked, (yes, I tried the support email but it did not function) Michael took responsibility and assured it would not happen again, Thomas called today and said as much as well. The Stinger is a great tool, now running perfectly, and I am happy with it. As for the CAMheads, I am not on it since I cannot connect to the internet from WinCNC on the control computer unless I sign out and back in as a different user, no idea why. My issue was that the computer connection had loosened on the control box probably during shipping (the shipping Co. lost it for 3 days), tightening this has cured the issue.
    Trotec Speedy 400/80
    Camaster Stinger II CNC Router

Scott, not sure whay connecting to the internet while wincnc is the active screen, call luke and get this straight. the wincnc card is a daughter board, this makes it autonomus of the computer mother board, being online while machine is active is real common. again call luke.

Here is post this AM and while i will not post the users name it is on CAMheads and you can read it for yourself. if anyone is not getting this kind of service. speak up there are a few thousand owners and many are on Sawmill Creek...

Here is the message that has just been posted:
    About a month after I received my Stinger 1 I noticed that I didn't think I had the additional two inches of clearance that I ordered. I called support and spoke to Michael and sent him some measurements and pictures. The gantry was correct but the spindle was not mounted in the correct bolt holes it was down one hole or ~one inch. I quickly received a call from Mr. Thomas Mwangi the owner and he agreed that it was missed in assembly. He said he would send a technician to my home in Virginia as soon as possible to fix. Luke was at my shop early the following week and he quickly moved the spindle and trammed it. He gave me some good tips on maintenance as well. He was very professional and personable.

I purchased a CAMaster because of all the good reports about their support and I have not been disappointed. The first machine I received the shippers tried to destroy and I called CAMaster before it came off the truck. Thomas said to send back and they would go through it to repair and recalibrate before sending it back.

Each time Thomas didn't hesitate or try to talk me into accepting the machine after the shipping incident or repaired the machine myself with the spindle issue. Thomas told me that it was under warranty and they would make it right. I am very happy with my machine and even more happy with the support from CAMaster thus far.