Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: World Series....Who's Your Team?

Wonders never cease-- Cubs go to the series?

Somewhere a guy with horns is shoveling snow with his trident...

========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Blog Entries
    I think I'll root for the Cubs. Happy for the Cleveland fans that the Indians got there too.

PHM

Was hoping for Cubs-Indians. I am also hoping for snow every game so MLB sees how absurd it is to be playing baseball this late in the year. Let's shorten the season to end before Labor Day and have all the playoffs done by October! ( I know that will never happen, money drives everything, but I can wish)
    btw, picking the Cubs in six.

My wife asked if I wanted to go to the game at $1000 per ticket. She apparently doesn't know how many tools that could buy!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Day View Post
    My wife asked if I wanted to go to the game at $1000 per ticket. She apparently doesn't know how many tools that could buy!
    Especially if you take her to Harbor Freight.

"The Curse of the Billy Goat is the name of a curse that was supposedly placed on the Chicago Cubs in 1945 by Billy Goat Tavern owner Billy Sianis. Because the odor of his pet goat, Murphy, was bothering other fans, Sianis was asked to leave Wrigley Field, the Cubs' park, during game four of the 1945 World Series. Outraged, Sianis allegedly declared "Them Cubs, they ain't gonna win no more," which has been interpreted to mean that either the Cubs would never win another National League Pennant or else that they would never again win a World Series.
    The Cubs lost that '45 series to the Detroit Tigers, and have not won a World Series championship since 1908. After the incident with Billy Sianis and Murphy the Cubs did not play in the next 70 series (not counting the cancelled 1994 series) until, on the 46th anniversary of Billy Sianis' death, they beat the Los Angeles Dodgers to win the National League Championship and advance to the 2016 World Series."

Its going to be very interesting to watch this play out.

Kluber had pinpoint control last night and the Cubs couldn't do much. They had some chances but even the Indian's bullpen stepped up and shut 'em down when they needed to.
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Go Tribe!! Hope tonight is not rained out. Cleveland has their mojo on!!
    George

Making sawdust regularly, occasionally a project is completed.

I like that both the Indians and the Cubs are in the series. I think they both deserve to be there, as far as a favorite well my house is divided I`m routing for the Cubs and my wife is for the Indians.
    I may not have it all together, but together we have it all.

George The Indians mojo didn't come to the game last night I think it's going to be a wild time in Chicago this weekend
    Thanks John
    Don't take life too seriously. No one gets out alive anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by John A langley View Post
    George The Indians mojo didn't come to the game last night I think it's going to be a wild time in Chicago this weekend
    They struggled last night. I agree it is going to be a wild time in Chicago. I do not think the Tribe will win the first one in Chicago
    George

Making sawdust regularly, occasionally a project is completed.

I would personally like to see both of them win but that can't happen
    Thanks John
    Don't take life too seriously. No one gets out alive anyway!

That is quite a story on Schwarber playing for the Cubs.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

I think I heard he is not going to be the DH in the next game in Chicago. I'm guessing some kind of DH rule. As an Indians fan I'm happy to hear that! Quite a story though.

I also heard he is not medically cleared to play in the field. Seems odd he can hit but not field? I don't know the backstory on that.

IIRC....In the World Series, they play by American league rules when at home at an American League team's stadium and National League rules when at home at the National League team. Therefore, there will be no DH at Wrigley Field. Thus for him to bat at Wrigley Field, he has to play in the field. There was quite a discussion about this after last night's game.
    Last edited by Ken Fitzgerald; 10-27-2016 at 6:39 PM.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....