Thread: Woodworking as a business Video Presentation

Woodworking as a business Video Presentation

Hi everyone, I'm not sure if this is posted in the correct sub-forum. Correct this if I'm wrong!

I'm a 20 year old woodworker, and have been running a small woodworking business since 2012. I got a chance to give a little presentation to the OWA (Ottawa Woodworker's Ass'n) this summer. I am currently in the process of building a new workshop from the ground up. It is a 2 1/2 storey building.

If anyone is interested, here's the video. The sound is not the best because this was filmed using a cheapie camera. Hope you enjoy it!

Igor, your video presentation is excellent. You are a good public speaker. The workshop is a job and a half in itself. What do you sell? Cheers
    Every construction obeys the laws of physics. Whether we like or understand the result is of no interest to the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Lomman View Post
    Igor, your video presentation is excellent. You are a good public speaker. The workshop is a job and a half in itself. What do you sell? Cheers
    Thanks Wayne! I'm really thrilled when folks provide feedback and critique. I'm glad you enjoyed the presentation.

Ever since I set up my woodworking business, nearly 70% of the work I do involves dining tables and benches. I have done a few commissions building bookcases and built-ins as well.

Here are a couple examples of what I've built:

Igor's furniture 001 (800x600).jpg Igor's furniture 007 (1024x768).jpg Igor's furniture 044 (1280x960).jpg

Mostly simple, clean designs that my customers appreciate. Most of my work does not come anywhere close to the classic European masterpieces that I have seen some New England craftsmen replicate. I hope to get there some day. My favorite furniture periods/styles are the Queen Anne and Chippendale.

Here's a pic of my shop. This was taken less than one month ago:

Igor's furniture 002 (800x450).jpg Igor's furniture 005 (450x800).jpg

Can't wait until it's up and running!

Cool shop! Cheers