Thread: Cost to build this

Cost to build this

bulkhead.jpg

Picture a Bilco door, and that is built over top of the Bilco Door. It looks like it would stop water leaking through the Bilco Doors. Any guess as to what that might cost to build ?

Are you building it yourself, or are you hiring a contractor?

Undecided.

With it being late in the year, I might want to go with contracting it out.

Do it yourself and the only cash outlay is your material costs... Shouldn't be to hard to figure a material list and price it out.
    Andy Kertesz

" Impaled on nails of ice, raked by emerald fire"...... King Crimson '71

If you're going to have a contractor do it, send a few the picture and ask for a quote.

If you plan to do it yourself and can't figure out a material list, maybe you shouldn't build it yourself. ;-)

Blog Entries
    From the photo it does not appear that this was built properly. To get a weather proof enclosure, the builder should have cut and removed the siding on the wall behind the entry way and put flashing up under the siding at the roof level and down the sides. Failure to do this will allow water to get in and cause damage to the new structure and rot the wood siding where the moisture is trapped. Caulking alone is not the proper way to weather proof this added structure.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Based on some quick math we would charge about $6500-$7500 all in including the round top door. You could save a bit changing to a square top door. I'm located outside of Kansas City so I'm not sure how that translate to your neck of the woods.

Can't forget about that shiny new tool thays absolutely necessary to finish it on time.