Thread: Yeti style drinkware

Yeti style drinkware

I have had quite a fee folks bring Yeti's and RTIC mugs in for engraving. I haven't been real comfortable with Thermark so I passed.
    JDS now sells a version "Polar Camel" real similar for $7.25ea AP Case pricing 24 to a case. I bought a couple to test and was real
    happy with the way they came out. They seem to be a black matte sand type finish and engrave nicely. Will be using one for the next
    few weeks to see how they hold up.... Any one selling these? I'm thinking $30-$35 range including engraving.JDS Mug.jpg
    Martin Boekers

1 - Epilog Radius 25watt laser 1998
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2005
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2007
    1 - Epilog Fusion M2 32 120watt laser with camera 2015
    2 - Geo Knight K20S 16x20 Heat Press
    Geo Knight K Mug Press,
    Ricoh GX-7000 Dye Sub Printer
    Zerox Phaser 6360 Laser Printer
    numerous other tools and implements
    of distruction/distraction!

The engraving looks good but in the past I've been disappointed with these types of items as they require 2 passes. Did you find it engraved cleanly in 1 pass?
    Equipment: IS400, IS6000, VLS 6.60, LS100, HP4550, Ricoh GX e3300n, Hotronix STX20
    Software: Adobe Suite & Gravostyle 5
    Business: Trophy, Awards and Engraving

3. Martin, did you use a rotary attachment for that? Thanks.

Marty

That looks great. A word to the wise--keep a minimal inventory of such items as the prices are dropping like crazy.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Null View Post
    Marty

That looks great. A word to the wise--keep a minimal inventory of such items as the prices are dropping like crazy.
    Yup-- with another Yeti clone showing up nearly every day, the market share keeps splitting, and with a substantial amount of the populace already having one, buyers are continually dwindling...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

A few answers.

Inventory will be limited to a case 24 piece so not a huge investment ($7.25ea). Being on base it seems I will have at least a steady flow albeit small, as
    military folks seem to use and like these. They are finally selling these with laserable coatings, none with dye sub yet and I'm really surprised at
    that.

I am doing these on a 120 watt with a rotary. 70sp 60 pwr 400dpi. one pass. these are similar to the anodized water bottles. One pass is enough, but there
    appears to be a haze over the engraved area. A bit of windex and a few wipe with a Magic Sponge makes it nice and clear.

I can never do more than one pass with the standard Epilog rotary as it never returns to the same spot for the second pass.

Thanks for all your input!
    Martin Boekers

Geo Knight K Mug Press,

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Boekers View Post
    I have had quite a fee folks bring Yeti's and RTIC mugs in for engraving. I haven't been real comfortable with Thermark so I passed.
    JDS now sells a version "Polar Camel" real similar for $7.25ea AP Case pricing 24 to a case. I bought a couple to test and was real
    happy with the way they came out. They seem to be a black matte sand type finish and engrave nicely. Will be using one for the next
    few weeks to see how they hold up.... Any one selling these? I'm thinking $30-$35 range including engraving.JDS Mug.jpg
    Martin, do you have a link to where those particular tumblers can be purchased? I searched for JDS and I couldn't find anything with the tumblers.
    G*Weike LG500
    60 Watt
    Adobe Illustrator
    CorelDraw
    LaserCut 5.3

have you tried the Yeti style from Walmart

Ozark Trail? I have one. Love it! No difference between them and the YETI. (looks like all these off brands are the same, though) But if I can get these Polar Camels for $7.25 each, that'll save $60 on a case. I'll probably fiddle with some dollar store tumblers and some Cermark before getting serious with these nicer tumblers, though.
    G*Weike LG500
    60 Watt
    Adobe Illustrator
    CorelDraw
    LaserCut 5.3

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon Ellis View Post
    Martin, do you have a link to where those particular tumblers can be purchased? I searched for JDS and I couldn't find anything with the tumblers.
    Here is the JDS Info. They just came out with whole new line of leatherette products too.

LTM932 - Polar Camel 30 oz. Matte Black Vacuum Insulated Tumbler w/Clear Lid
    Martin Boekers

Geo Knight K Mug Press,

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon Ellis View Post
    Ozark Trail? I have one. Love it! No difference between them and the YETI. (looks like all these off brands are the same, though) But if I can get these Polar Camels for $7.25 each, that'll save $60 on a case. I'll probably fiddle with some dollar store tumblers and some Cermark before getting serious with these nicer tumblers, though.
    They do have these in just the metal too.. so Cermark will work... I don't use Cemark so these (I'm guessing powder coated) work fine. There are other brands out there now that are anodized.
    I shouldn't be too long before te have Dye Sub Coatings.
    Martin Boekers

Geo Knight K Mug Press,

Thanks, Martin!