Thread: PM 90 users what to lubricate

PM 90 users what to lubricate

I have a PM 90 in great shape. I regularly oil the hole in the head. What I was wondering what else should I lubricate? Should I remove the handle and lube those parts. What is best to use, dry spray, oil, or grease?
    When working I had more money than time. In retirement I have more time than money. Love the time, miss the money.

The oiler in the top will Lubricate everything in the headstock that needs it. I had to lube the lower pulley spring assembly once because it wouldn't open all the way and it would slip after 2500 rpm. I just used silicone spray. Also, check the tailstock lead screw threads. I used bearing grease for that.

Thanks Gordon, I didn't see anything in the old manuals and was wondering if that there was a service manual that described more. I had the handle off about 6 months ago when I raised it 3" and everything inside looked to be in good shape. I'm waiting till I wear it out before I buy a new lathe.
    When working I had more money than time. In retirement I have more time than money. Love the time, miss the money.